My laptop crashed

T

The Arkitekt

i was running reason, and i was messing around on the back of the racks on it, i hooked a wire from something into something else, then hit a key on my axiom, it played the note and at the same time it made a incredibly loud beep sound resembling a fucking smoke detector. it did that until i shut it down (it froze). now when i try to boot up my laptop it stops at the windows bootscreen (with the little bars moving), the bars just keep moving and it does'nt boot.
i try to boot in safe mode but after it shows the screen loading all the drivers n shit it just hits the blue screen for a split second then goes blank

any one have an idea of why this bullshit might be happening?

Kontents

I like Gearslutz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Wow thats some shit right there. Its really hard to tell wtf happened based off your post, but I would assume somthing with your processor rendering somthing. Have you ever had problems with flipping the rack around before?

Also what does your laptop sit on? if its sitting on somthing that is covering the fan from getting air it could have over heated.

T

The Arkitekt

i purposely place it on a flat composition notebook for that purpose, and na i havn't had problems with reason before

T

The Arkitekt

i was just on the online tech support thing with dell for like an hour and they had me do the whole diagnostic thing and found out my hard drive failed (fuck you samsung). theyre sending me a new hard drive but i'm suprised the warranty doesn't cover data recovery, oh well. but thanks for the help kontents and grafik, ya'll won't see me on the forum that much for like the next week

T

The Arkitekt

yea, thats what i'm probably gonna end up doing, buying an external. the good thing is i can actually recover my files but it's gonna be like 30-40 bucks, eh whatever though i need my files

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
ah...these new beat makers. Vets know that you never depend on your pc or notebooks hard drive....NEVER!!! U use your internal hard drive for the bare minimum i.e programs only. EXTERNAL EXTERNAL EXTERNAL. Etch that in your memory!

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Yeah just dont buy a Western Digital MyBook....Those things are nice shiney pieces of shit! I copped one and it froze a session in Logic and then in the process fried all existing files in the drive. I had to send it back WD and they gave me a newer shiney piece of shit that still sux and scares me half the death most of the time.

Cop a Glyph if you got the money. Or a Seagate if you dont get a glyph.

members online