My Hope for the New Year for all rappers and producers.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
Trendz that need to endz:

That the trend of miz$pelling $hit to luk cewl I hope will end.
The shit has actually made me "stoopider" .

If you are unsure of how to spell something hooked on phonics is no longer the way to go.

Also... Pull your pants up, seriously, walking around thinking you look cool because you and all your friends like looking like you all have shitty diapers on while trying to work a pimp walk in is played the fuck OUT!

It isnt rebelious, it makes you all look like bozos.. Im ALL for rebelious, but intelligent rebelion. Sagging pants arent even functional except to get the cops to fuck with you and then to prevent you from running away once they get on you ..
Baggy = Hiphop
Saggy = Comedy

So Stop.

Beyond that , no mo bling rap.. Its an economy that is barely recovering , stop fronting..
Please make more intelligent music, look up lyricism and then try and obtain it.

Beyond that I think I can deal with the rest of it, freak it how you want to, just want to see those trends end.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Stop the hating, show some appreciation. Internet beef is some corny shit!

Get back into making music! Politics suck!

Stop the B! Conspiracies!

Knox Raw

SCLASS- JUSTPLAINOLEDON
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
I just want the fascades to end. Fake jewels, fake sneakers, & fake broadshave got to go. I talked to one of my white friends about he current artist and what he thinks and dude told me he felt the rap artist now was just get this........"CHEAP". That fake it till you make it shit is corny.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I agree. All the fake stuff needs to go. With today's world, it's very easy to see what entertainers are really like in the real world, so with hip hop, we all know these artists aren't rolling in stacks of cash and have models hanging off their dicks 24/7.

Get back to REAL music, real hip hop, and real talk. If you think about it, right now is the PERFECT opportunity for a rapper to blow up because all he/she would have to do is rap about every day struggles, which everyone is feeling throughout the world! So just do it. Bring hip hop back to its roots and leave the fake stuff for the kids that love the superficial image no matter what. For real music fans, we want reality back.

If a group like Public Enemy were to come onto the scene right now, they would blow up like crazy. I don't know why these artists are not taking advantage of this.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
Ash Holmz and Jason actually did grown man talk the album, and they did a very good job.
This aside thoough..
I like what Im reading in the thread thus far.

Im thinking we are understanding each other..

Thus when we break the huddle lets just...pollinate(<-- googled the spelling sirs) The whole hiphop genre with our concepts...
"Sprankle", if you will, the influence like salt...

wrightboy

Formally Finnigan
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
NOOOoooooooooo!!!!!!!!lol

Its one thing to shorten a text, its another to name all your songs and albums somethng intentionally misspelled.

i hear you. but because young people text so much, they actually can't spell anymore. i got a text from a chick in her early 20s, shit hurt my head just trying to read it. maybe i'm just too old for that shit these days. even when i text i spell out the whole word. just like an old ass man. LOL!

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
Stop the hating, show some appreciation. Internet beef is some corny shit!

Get back into making music! Politics suck!

Stop the B! Conspiracies!

The last actually made me lol Politics is a tricky thing smh

I just want the fascades to end. Fake jewels, fake sneakers, & fake broadshave got to go. I talked to one of my white friends about he current artist and what he thinks and dude told me he felt the rap artist now was just get this........"CHEAP". That fake it till you make it shit is corny.

Agreed.

The only thing I can really ask to change is Hip Hop the culture becomin about the music again. Too much TMZ-in not enough MC-in. Artists, Blog sites everyone. Appreciation for the art form.

shadeed

Go Digital or Go Home
ill o.g.
I wish artists would stop looking for handouts (record deals) from labels and seek to become their own Brands. Evolve into being more business knowledgeable overall. Look to do more licensing deals. Land some sponsors for their art.

I want more artists to expand into acting, starting their own web series, and just becoming more aware of their impact. Some will which makes me happy. Most won't which is why I continue putting out good info each day.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Nothing will change. It will more than likely get worse.I am so fed up with this shit. for real

I feel your pain, I also saw your comment on fb a while back but I thought you were just releasing some steam. In any case, just hang in there and do your thing. I understand that it's frustrating as hell but keep that luv in your heart. Have fun with it, take a break, do whatever...just try to hang in there. You cats are doing some dope shit at a time when being a clown is where it's at. Don't quit!

members online