My Gaming Issue...Help!

• warzone (oct 8-12) signup begins in...

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Whoa! are you serious? they actually have a light on the game system that tells you "I'm broke"? or is the light for something else also?

YES.

I have had to send mine out twice.

I would say the PS3. Just for the BluRay option alone. I just think you get way more bang for your buck. I got all 3, PS3, XBox and the Wii. Because of exclusive titles, you have to get all 3 to get the best games. If you have a PS3 you don;t get to play Halo Reach. If you have an XBox, you don't get to play God of War. But when you hook a Blu Ray player up to a 1080 TV, there is nothing like it.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
I don't rule out the possibility but I don't think it's likely that soon (2-3 years). I think it will happen in this decade but in order for it to completely "take over" the average PC owner will have to be well above 4GB of RAM, 3GHz and so on... I know it's available now but will the average user have it in 2-3 years? I don't think so, especially considering our current economy and it's near future projections.

Big Tone

You done fucked up
ill o.g.
LMAO see PS3 never had any of those problems. Xbox is notoriously breaking haha

definitely not true. do a search for yellow lite of death. you will be surprised at the number of people that get this. even check youtube. i happen to own all 3 systems. the wii never gets any action. its even softmodded. i try before i buy and i still never play it. the ps3 is an excellent console. where it lacks is the multiplayer. nobody ever has a mic. its like playing the campaign. no party chats, while playing or not. netflix is finally discless but thats been on the xbox for over a year. if you want the best multiplayer experience you definitely want an xbox. even tho ps3 is free, you get what you pay for. all the add ons come out 1-3 months sooner on xbox for some reason. there was prolly a money deal there. ps3 has a browser and blu ray which is really nice. just my 2 cents. you cant make an honest opinion unless you own both. wow i feel like i wrote a book.

the end

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
Thats all fine and good but I NEVER heard of a playstation (2 or 3) breaking. Xbox breaks continuiously regular AND 360. Not to mention I know more PS owners than Xbox owners, the ratio of breakage is horrendous lol.

I'm usually in the studio, writing, or something involving music 98% of my time, Im constantly working. Live multiplayer means next to nothing to me. For someone who has a life outside of music and sleep, it may be just that great hahaha.

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
All of my friends PS2's have capped out... again because of laser issues. It can be fixed, but you have to open it up and adjust that little white gear. After that it's still tempermental... anyways, just sayin!

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
I did a search on the "yellow light of death" and it said that xbox users complained so much to playstation that they finally just gave up added it so xbox users wouldn't feel so bad...lol.

I agree with DOX, my PS2 has lasted since it came out and "NO" problems yet, I even passed it down to my daughter when I got my PS3 and it's still working. I must say that it's been very well maintained, I keep the dust out and every so often I run the laser eye cleaner disc.

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
All of my friends PS2's have capped out... again because of laser issues. It can be fixed, but you have to open it up and adjust that little white gear. After that it's still tempermental... anyways, just sayin!

ok respect

I did a search on the "yellow light of death" and it said that xbox users complained so much to playstation that they finally just gave up added it so xbox users wouldn't feel so bad...lol.

I agree with DOX, my PS2 has lasted since it came out and "NO" problems yet, I even passed it down to my daughter when I got my PS3 and it's still working. I must say that it's been very well maintained, I keep the dust out and every so often I run the laser eye cleaner disc.

hahaha sounds like something Xbox users'd do lol. I leave mine on the floor all year... dont even clean it or anything. Never get any problems. I was actually playing it yesterday, and thinking of getting the red dead redemption undead nightmare DLC

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
@Dac

Apple TV, Boxee box, Google TV are all here now.

Netflix streaming will surpass DVD's soon, look at hulu. Media is all but dead, itunes is the biggest music store in the world and the new macbook airs don't even have the option for an optical drive. Media will be dead soon.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Yeah they are here now but nowhere near "taking over". They don't even have a way of combining everything yet, in other words, you're gonna need about 20 different boxes to get a fraction of what you get from one cable box. Another issue is the ads everywhere on internet tv. You can't even watch a youtube video without having to watch an ad first. Ever checked out Ustream? What a joke!

They've got a way to go. Like I said earlier, I believe they will eventually get it but I know that right now cable & satt. tv are in charge and they aren't gonna just give up their piece of the pie so easily.

thedreampolice

ill o.g.
Sorry bro but you are wrong, both Google TV and Boxee combine everything. Also look at AT&T's U-verse for Xbox 360 it literally replaces everything a cable box can do using IP TV. At this point you can pick your poison and buy one box. Netflix streaming already accounts for 20% of the internet peak traffic

http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/netflix_streaming_accounts_for_20_of_peak_internet.php

And for me personally I cant even remember the last time I actually watched a DVD or used a CD.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
ROTFLMAO! I agree with the first Comment...

Comments
Subscribe to comments for this post OR Subscribe to comments for all ReadWriteWeb posts

Who wrote or edited this, a two year old?

edit:Netflix is cool but some movies are classics that a true movie lover will have to have on disc...The Matrix, Lord Of The Rings, Star Wars and so on...or you can just pay for it everytime you watch it.

But wait, I think you're missing my point...my point is that I don't think internet tv will "take over" in the next 2-3 years. If you think it already has then you're wrong...lol.

thedreampolice

ill o.g.
What do you mean, Microsoft is not even close to the biggest player. The big players right now are Netflix, Apple, Google. What I am saying to you is that internet TV is already here. No one has to take over. Sony is building Google TV in to there latest TVs, millions of people already get the movies either through itunes or Netflix streaming. The future is already here. If you get an Xbox 360 with Xbox live you will see it, as you can stream netflix, Zune, AT&T and Soon hulu. Its all but done man. Media is dying and it will be within 3 years.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
hahahaha you're the one that said check into U-Verse so thats what I did. I got on the phone, called them and I got a recording saying that "There is no customer support available right now"...lol. Then I went to their website and it said "it's not available in my area"...then I wanted to see what it would cost me to have the same thing that I currently have on my cable package. There is NO comparison, the closest thing that they offer is the U450 plan which cost $149/mo. I have MORE than what the U450 plan has and I pay $78/mo....lol, know what I mean now? hahahaha!