Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Creed-2-Ivan-Drago-Returns-Dolph-Lundgren-Almost.jpg

Drago Zetić

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 104
Nebula is so rough!!! Krim too is so gutter lol. What do you use in your setup?
Thanks, I appreciate it.

My setup is simple, Cool Edit Pro 2 for slicing, Audacity for minor editing, FL 20 for putting it all together into beats. Felt like an idiot for taking so long to learn the transient processor - that's the key to punchy drums, not just good sample selection.

Also an MPD218 for pads. "Nebula" actually came from a sample flip thread on here, thanks for that too!

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Thanks, I appreciate it.

My setup is simple, Cool Edit Pro 2 for slicing, Audacity for minor editing, FL 20 for putting it all together into beats. Felt like an idiot for taking so long to learn the transient processor - that's the key to punchy drums, not just good sample selection.

Also an MPD218 for pads. "Nebula" actually came from a sample flip thread on here, thanks for that too!
Yo that last track is so dope! Very catchy sample.

The transient processor in FL? I gotta check that program out again, it's been years.

But I want to know - what did you use for filtering the low end? Ableton had a good EQ for that but since I switched to StudioOne I can't get the filtering quite right in there like I had in Ableton.

Drago Zetić

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 104
FL's built in transient processor is great, but locked down to trial mode on my copy. I've found a free alternative called just Transient that does the same thing. For filtering I use FL's built in parametric EQ 2 - very slick equalizer with a neat view of the whole frequency spectrum and precise options for tweaking the Q.

By the way, expect more of these every month of two. Every few days I start about 10 beats and slowly add to the previous ones as the ideas go, so there's a lot coming.

members online