MV-8000 Question HELP!

GRAFIK

Vinyl Addict
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
MV-8000 question??? Is there a way I can use the chop function for my samples and have the sound cutoff when I strike another pad when I am sequencing? Meaning when I hit one pad it plays the sample, I then want to hit another pad and have that previous sound cutoff. I know there is a way if you assign it to an audio phrase, but then I have to record each sound individually which I dont want to do. Any suggestions from my MV users??? Thanks in advance!

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
go to quick edit and change the setting for "one shot" off. This means that instead of the entire sample playing when you hit a pad, it will only play as long as you hold the pad down.

or you can set the sample end to exactly where you want it to stop playing and leave one shot one. i personally turn one shot off when arranging my samples, but leave it on for my drums.

GRAFIK

Vinyl Addict
ill o.g.
Ok, But lets say I dont want to hold down the pad until I hit another one. I use the "HOLD" button when playing my samples. Will this work with that. Meaning if I hold the HOLD button and hit the pad once the sample will still play as long as I am holding the HOLD button, if I hit another pad will it cutoff.

Does that make sense, I think I just confused myself.

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
the hold button will play the entire sample you have on the pad. it basically "holds" your pad down as if you left youre finger on the pad indefinitely. so u still have to tell the mv where you want to stop playing the sample. if you prefer using hold, then youre only option is to set where you want the sample to end by using quick edit and moving the end point.

GRAFIK

Vinyl Addict
ill o.g.
damn, I know there is a way to do it if you assign your samples to an audio phrase. You can use the HOLD button and everytime you strict a new pad it will cut off the previous. It just makes finding an arrangement for your samples better, you get that nice flow.

Ok another question then?, do you know if I can use the chop function to chop up a large sample and then assign it to an audio phrase. I know if you use the chop function it will assign it to a MIDI track If I can do that then I know this can be done.

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
damn, I know there is a way to do it if you assign your samples to an audio phrase. You can use the HOLD button and everytime you strict a new pad it will cut off the previous. It just makes finding an arrangement for your samples better, you get that nice flow.

Ok another question then?, do you know if I can use the chop function to chop up a large sample and then assign it to an audio phrase. I know if you use the chop function it will assign it to a MIDI track If I can do that then I know this can be done.

why do you want to assign it to an audio phrase?

i usually assign a sample to a midi track, press audio phrase, select the sample, chop and edit, then export as an audio phrase back the same midi track. but whats ur reason for doin it? i always thought i was doin it the long way.

GRAFIK

Vinyl Addict
ill o.g.
I want to assign it to an audio phrase because you can actually use the HOLD button and tap the samples and have them cutoff when a new pad gets hit. It makes it flow a lot easier. If I use MIDI I have to hold down the pad until I hit another pad to get that flow. If I assign it to an audio phrase, there is a setting for that. I basically just dont want to hold down pads when I can tap them...it is good for fast tap sampling i guess

I currently record my sample chop it and assign it to a midi track. I listen to a track find all the sample record them chop them and assign them.

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
You should sign up at mvnation.com, they got alot of info there man.

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
no doubt, ill see if i can figure that out for ya too.

AmmoBeatz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
this is what u do go to quick edit set the release to 127....one shot on....excl group on 1(for midi tracks)

members online