Music Publishing?

ToneEsharp

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I was wondering if anyone know about music publishing or where i could get some info about it. Cause my friend and I write R&B instrumentals and lyrics and want to sell the songs to artists. so if anyone could help point me in the right direction i would be dearly thankful peace..

mod1

ILLMUZIK Bell-Boy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
This is what I know:

--Music publishing is a global business encompassing the ownership, promotion and administration of songs. some companies are in the software business. Some company software is words and music (typically a song or a production music track) which companies license to record companies, radio, television, films, commercials, multimedia and which they sell in printed form and, more recently, for digital downloading. The song grows more valuable as it finds new uses by technological developers in printed music, film, radio, TV, records, tapes, CDs, multimedia and digital downloads.

--Music publishers acquire copyrights through the outright purchase of entire catalogues or even by buying just one song. Publishers also contract writers to exclusive songwriter agreements (i.e. every song they write while under contract is owned or partially owned by the publisher). In return for entire or partial ownership of songs, the publisher administers the rights, collects the income and splits the income with the writer. Finally, publishers can administer other peoples' songs and catalogues for which the publisher charges an administration fee.

If you're A songwriter.Your demo tape or CD needs to be heard by someone in the companies creative department. While BMG Music Publishing does not accept unsolicited material, your demo can be brought to them by someone who has a relationship with the company (manager, lawyer, record company, performance society). I suggest you make a simple recording of your best songs and bring it to the attention of someone in the industry or your local performance rights organization (i.e. ASCAP, BMI or SESAC in the U.S., PRS in the U.K., etc.).

members online