Music & Marriage How do you manage?

KHz

Hi. I've been recently married for now a year & sometimes it's hard managing my time for music & my time with my wife. For the husbands in the group. How do you maintain the balance?

Depends how serious you are and if your wife understands your passion for music. Often, one has to give.

I split a while back from a 14year relationship, so free now, I work, make beats and generally do what the fuck I like without having to ‘be there’ or tell someone how great they look in a dress over and over again. :ROFLMAO:

Nah relationships are great when they’re great but to your question with great difficulty! And that’s if you haven’t got kids in the mix too, good luck with your balance.

Which gives you most enjoyment? :unsure:

Last edited:

Delta_Nine

F*** UR MIX
Damn. Relationships are about negotiating and compromise. Just let her know that music means a lot to you..
hopefully you two can come up with an agreement.

Yeah my ex wife hated me making beats. I used to walk around the block to cool off after a disagreement, and she would scream down the block “ur music suckkkks!!”. Lol it’s hilarious now but she crippled my creative process.
My current wife tho, 100 percent support. She likes what I make and I often ask her to listen to my stuff.
Good fucking luck, man.

Last edited:

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
How do you maintain the balance?

tate-andrew-tate.gif

Hi. I've been recently married for now a year & sometimes it's hard managing my time for music & my time with my wife. For the husbands in the group. How do you maintain the balance?
I wish I had an answer for you. This has been lifes biggest probalem for me, since married in 2017. If you figure out this balencing act, please let me be the first to know bro..

V.J. Retro

The silent beat assassin
I'm single but I would suggest to get your wife involved in the process. If she has a favorite song, show her how you would sample it or teach her a few tricks here and there. Who knows, you both might make a great beatmaking team. It happened to me with close friends. I became interested in other activities after I spent a lot of time with them.

Mike Martinez

Mikedelic™
Battle Points: 1
Really good topic of discussion.

For me, it's about balance. And balance is hard af to maintain. Honestly I need to pull myself away from my gear and make the time to chill with wifey haha

She knew I was deep into this music when we got together (11 years ago now!), and I make money selling beats, so she is definitely understanding of it and patient with me.

But bro, if I had my way, every minute away from my job would be spent in the lab pushing pads. I have been finding myself in the lab a little too often lately. Neglecting time I could spend with her and the kiddos.

It's really about setting boundaries. Proper time management. You don't want your wife to feel like she is less important to you than your music. So try to schedule your production time maybe for when she's not home, or otherwise occupied. Telling myself as much as I'm telling you!

It's challenging, but anything worth it in life is. Happy beatmaking!

members online