Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
I used to work in manufacturing, I would find safety issues that could potentially hurt someone. I reported it to the proper channels to no avail. They would only fix or modify a possible danger AFTER someone got hurt and they got sued.

Same thing with Labels, they aren't going to change anything until it starts costing them money.

The 360 deal doesn't just cut into the tours, they take a cut off EVERYTHING that the artist is involved with.
Exactly, I personally feel that 360 deals should be avoided at all costs. But I also know that there are so many wannabes out there that will will do almost anything to be famous.

Mike Chief

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
Its always been that way. Artists have never truly made that much from selling their albums as compared to touring and selling merch...and getting sponsors.

But they are definitely making a significantly less amount from album sales today as compared to back in the day.

BlackAndYellow

HipHop Enthousiast
Yeah I think that due to the recordsale drops that the tour became much more than just an extra promotion for their album. Lets be honest, back in the 90's, NAS his tours were only for promotion, nowadays its for the extra money and for the artists own experience. The're really going with the time which I think is a good thing.

members online