Much Props For The Article, Fade!

Mantas

Diggin 4 Life
ill o.g.
It's great. I mean that's exactly how I feel. Nowadays it seems that the faster u make a track, the better producer u are. It's bullshit. Look at Heatmakerz. They actin like "yo it's 10, 15 minutes process and that's how ni**az get payed for bla bla bla". While Premier says that if he has a sound in his head, he'll look for it no matter what, whether it takes a month or a year to find that sample in his head. I know Heatmakerz beats sound good and so on. But will they be remembered after 10 years or so? I know Premo will. Why? Because he puts his heart into his music. While Heatmakerz care only bout gettin doe. And if people keep thinkin that sampling is so easy, that u only need ten minutes to make a bangin hit, hip hop will degrade. And it seems the degradation HAS ALREADY COME. Well, thats just how i fell...

Keep them articles, Fade!

dj360_iNfInItE1

UNDeRGROUND STaTE of MiND
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 16
I agree with you for the most part. I personally like the "Oh Boy" beat that Blaze did for Cam'ron. But that's my opinion. Comparing that beat to "Mass Appeal" is kinda crazy cuz they are 2 different types of beats and songs. But I get what you mean...I too believe that the days of just using a sampled loop and then laying a drum beat under it and maybe a bassline are quickly coming to an end. Creativity beyond that is the obvious next step. I also agree with something Classic had told me quite a while back. He said that it's not enough to just sample anymore. To go to the next level, compose something new that mixes well with the sample. In other words, get creative with chopping up the sample then compose your own original melody to go along with it. That makes a lot of sense to me because it is taking the next step of sampling in a logical direction. But, there will always be styles that tend to resurface and that's just the nature of things. Every once in a while, in the future, there will come a beat or 2 that reminds you of the mid 90s. It may not be a very original idea but that producer or beatmaker just happened to find a loop that is worthy of that type of effort and it will be dope. My 2 cents!

Papadukes

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Yeah, i really liked your views in this article. your basically everything i've been learning recently about sampling. I really feel your right to say that its about getting those good loops and sounds rather than just sampling something for the sake of it or novelty like that kids rocky sample...also ppl reallly do need to spend time making these beats.... its the time that will take it from a good beat to a good song (if u know what i mean). I think alot ppl need take the advice and try to make it a art form not just a quick fix to a make music to impress your friends.

edit* i also agree with dj360, its about startin to evolve the use of samples, its not something i can say i've mastered yet, but its a skill that i'm tryin to master

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
yeah I agree, but the point to be taken, it's not the amount of time spent by itself but the amount of creative time,because a lot of the bangers and legendary tracks in the history of hip hop prolly didn't take days or weeks, but the point I get is that someone takes a loop and that's it and they are a producer....I never really care to much for the cut a loop and add drums its just too easy and yeah to make it flow also, most of the time when a joint flows nicely, 9 times out of ten if it was sampled, and it had a huge chunk of it that didnt get chopped, its not the producer its the sample carrying the work LOL, anyhow good read!

breal

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
If everybody just makes these 15 min beats then everybody is going to start
to sound the same.I beleive the have to be different to standout from the pack.

SlickVikNewman

Hip Hop Super Villian
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
co sign

slik da relic said:
low prices + ease of us + endless capabilities + the simple garbage thats allowed on the radio = everybody and their moms think they can make beats, and songs for that matter.

da relic

I HATE it when somebody talks to me about beat making and bring up the fact that they got FL the otha day and already got some heat......... Maaaaaaaaaaaan give me a muthafunkin break!! It takes more than tools to build a masterpiece.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
A track is as good as the time spent on it and its details, mind you...most of these 15 minute producer dont even know how a compressor really works or how to tweak an eq which basicaly 3/4 of the delivery cuz a hot track without such attention is simply just a potential ( not even going into scores and arrangements cuz if you call an extended loop a track well, then we're all 15 minute producers ). Its not an art...

diskrete

Roving Beat Maker
ill o.g.
that was a hot beat, real soulful - i wish i could play all those instruments, very good article

RigorMortis

Army Of Darkness
ill o.g.
nice article fade i read it with pleasure, cant wait for the diggin articles and how you chainsaw massacre those that arent willing to give up their vinyl for free!
great stuff, fully agree,,,,
although i must say on some tracks i just spent 15 minutes but just like formant says those arent really tracks, just basic training to me, later on i decide if i want to work them out if i like them or want to use them or something and then spend more time on them.