MTA Strike in New York City ... CRAZY!

Craig Gantt

Microphone Violator
ill o.g.
that shits crazy, very unfortunate for class though that sucks kenfolk, just keep grindin. Makes me glad I got my slab I couldnt picture folks in NY ridin cutlasses and ol school cadillacs though lol

T

The Bastard

Vince said:
so you don't it's neccesary for the union to exist?

everytime there's a strike you should support the workers on strike, even though it may affect you. you can't turn on the working class and say that they digust you. cause that's just wrong.
nah the unions good, but sumtimes they abuse their power, and a lot of people suffer. and THAT disgusts me.

kojo

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
classic said:
dog its cold as FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this pic says it best...

Attachments

• nelson-haha.gif
    nelson-haha.gif
    12.6 KB · Views: 75

dahkter

Ill Muzikoligist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
Man

I am so glad that shit is over. Three things saved my ass:

1 - I have a car. I live in South Brooklyn (Windsor Terrace), so I drove to the base of the Manhattan Bridge, and walked up to work (34th and 5th). Three miles in car, five miles on foot. Then the reverse getting home. And by the way, walking was way faster than driving.

2. - I lived in Wisconsin for five years. I had been in -40F with a -80 windchill. Now that is some serious painful weather. Here in NYC it was between 26 and 38F, that's not too bad.

3. - Utilities - warm clothes (layered) and vodka. I bought a fleece thing that covered my head and neck completely. I got a huge down jacket. And on the way home from work, I bought those little bottles of vodka they sell on the airplane. That shit kept me nice and warm.

And as bad as that sucked, I still got to support the strikers. They have one of the hardest jobs in NYC. At least for other city workers, they see the light 40 hrs a week, they're above ground. But, those subway workers, they're deep down underground, breathing that filthy air, loud as shit, with all those rats all over the place. God bless em, they deserve the cash way more than a lot of other privileged douche bags I've met in this city...

But yeah, being able to chill, read books on the train again on the way to work, I am so glad this shit is over...

DJFANTOM

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
im dumb late on this thread. but man im so happy its over. as for me i had alittle commute. about 20 block walk to the jamaica lirr took that to 34th street then walked from there to 42nd street grand central station took the metro north from there to 125th on the eastside in harlem and walked over to 140th and the west side to work. not too bad. my boss was loving me tho cause no 1 expected me to come in. i got a lot of " brownie points" lol...

but y00o class. welcome to ny. at least u aint get the welcome my man from cali got moving here (waking up 3 am on the train to 3 guys savagely beaten him tryna rob him) be safe out there man. just hold out forthe summer. ull see why ny is worth it.

oh and being a member of a union and working for a whole year without a contract at 1 time i feel the twu pain and i supported them on they strike. but i still felt for the "7 million" commuters it affected.

Big Tone

You done fucked up
ill o.g.
classic said:
Ohh please, dident u notice the proud to be southern comment in my quote section, IM repping tampa bay FLA for LIFE...screw this NYC shit LOL

class...

thats crazy i just moved to tampa last month

o-a-ksavage

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Vince said:
so you don't it's neccesary for the union to exist?
everytime there's a strike you should support the workers on strike, even though it may affect you. you can't turn on the working class and say that they digust you. cause that's just wrong.

So don't judge by the facts of the situation, blindly support the union no matter what? One funny, extremely common misconception is that unions and workers have the same interests. Unions use government force to get what they want, is that what we should support? Unions fuck over workers by demanding minimum wages that are too high for unemployed workers who are willing to work for less to compete for jobs. Think of it like this, imagine if a big business got the government to dictate that a certain product couldn't be sold for less than what that business was selling for, who would that fuck over? It would fuck over the business' competition who would otherwise sell the car for less, thus allowing the big business to gain a monopoly. Well, unions have a monopoly (only made possible by government force) on their product--which is their labor. That's why union workers get paid way more than their labor is worth for shitty work, that's why unemployment rates are so high, it's a major reason why companies are now outsourcing. Basically unions fuck over everybody (including and especially the working class) for their own benefit. Unions such as the public transit workers strike so much because the government is willing to meet their demands because they don't give a fuck, they have no profit to make, they'll just fuck over the tax-payers and pay these workers what they want.

P.S. I am not against voluntary unions in a free market, just against the unions as they exist now, which is backed up by government force, such as the law that says that employers have to negotiate with unions who have at least 50 percent of the employees, instead of being able to seek employees who are willing to work for less.

kojo

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
o-a-ksavage said:
So don't judge by the facts of the situation, blindly support the union no matter what? One funny, extremely common misconception is that unions and workers have the same interests. Unions use government force to get what they want, is that what we should support? Unions fuck over workers by demanding minimum wages that are too high for unemployed workers who are willing to work for less to compete for jobs. Think of it like this, imagine if a big business got the government to dictate that a certain product couldn't be sold for less than what that business was selling for, who would that fuck over? It would fuck over the business' competition who would otherwise sell the car for less, thus allowing the big business to gain a monopoly. Well, unions have a monopoly (only made possible by government force) on their product--which is their labor. That's why union workers get paid way more than their labor is worth for shitty work, that's why unemployment rates are so high, it's a major reason why companies are now outsourcing. Basically unions fuck over everybody (including and especially the working class) for their own benefit. Unions such as the public transit workers strike so much because the government is willing to meet their demands because they don't give a fuck, they have no profit to make, they'll just fuck over the tax-payers and pay these workers what they want.

P.S. I am not against voluntary unions in a free market, just against the unions as they exist now, which is backed up by government force, such as the law that says that employers have to negotiate with unions who have at least 50 percent of the employees, instead of being able to seek employees who are willing to work for less.

yeah i see where youre coming from, unfortunately, we dont live in a perfect society for that to happen, the common folk will be exploited with or without a union in this country because a corporation is an entity, its point is to make a profit regardless. now, i do think some of those union workers may deserve better benefits if the work environment is health threatening but then there are other unions that make the system look bad (ex: GM). as for the outsourcing thing, i see it this way...the countries like indonesia, sri lanka, and china that sell all that stuff for cheaper than us, the conditions/human rights they got some of those folks working in to get the prices that cheap...better them than us, people raised hell nearly a century ago to keep that from going on here anymore.

CampO

BEAT u DOWN
ill o.g.
Hahaha I left the Day the Strike Started Thank GODDDDDDDDDD