MPC1k + Keyboard problems??? HELP

KelzCorleone

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
This is a vague question but how would i go about hooking my yamaha PSR to MPC to sequence my piano, strings, etc... over my drums in the MPC. I have a midi out in keybard go in midi in on MPC. I've tried to sync many differrent ways but cant seem to get the sounds in the MPC. Something aint right do i need an external midi port or what???? Any help appreciated.

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201
Im not familiar with your keyboard, but if your trying to play your keyboard and sequence thru the MPC, make sure your local setting is set to 'off' on your keyboard.

KelzCorleone

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Do i have to run midi out the keyboard and in the MPC. Or will i have to run in and out of both? Cause i jus wanna take the sounds off the keyboard to the MPC. Using the keynoard keys.

N.Y.S.O.M.

A Beat Nut
ill o.g.
Do i have to run midi out the keyboard and in the MPC. Or will i have to run in and out of both? Cause i jus wanna take the sounds off the keyboard to the MPC. Using the keynoard keys.

do both running in n out of both

KelzCorleone

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
So doing that and setting the midi sync on both the keyboard and MPC, i'll be able to Record me playing the keyboard keys in the MPC on the fly/real time???

KelzCorleone

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Will i need another piece of hardware? Cause im not tryin to sample i jus wanna sequence my drums in the MPC and play live keyboard over my drums.

members online