Mpc??

PrOLifiK

Wax Fondling Since 420
ill o.g.
This is a dumb question maybe, but I don't own one quite yet. U can obviously take samples off of records and assign them to a pad, but do u plug the mpc directly into your computers soundcard???

Chisel

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
If you're just recording samples from vinyl and you don't have any other MIDI hardware like sound modules, synths, or samplers, then yeah.. you could connect the MPC directly to your soundcard. If you do have other equipment, I'd go into a mixer first. Just be aware that the MPC 1000 doesn't have a phono input so you can't plug a turntable directly into it.

Javascript

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Chisel said:
If you're just recording samples from vinyl and you don't have any other MIDI hardware like sound modules, synths, or samplers, then yeah.. you could connect the MPC directly to your soundcard. If you do have other equipment, I'd go into a mixer first. Just be aware that the MPC 1000 doesn't have a phono input so you can't plug a turntable directly into it.

word!
I use a Terratec dmx 6fire card. It got phono Input, so my phono goes into my card and the output of my card goes to the input of my MPC.

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201
Right, with my mpc1k setup I record the sample of the record into soundforge on my pc, fix it up then record it onto the mpc. From the record in of the mpc to line out of the soundcard.

"The Oz"

A

and1phoenix

Chisel said:

yo chisel i got a question man...i'm wondering since the mpc1k doesnt have any phono intputs what kind of audio wiring would you need in order to connect it to a stero, cd player, tv, etc. in order to get some samples..help would be appreciated. graci

Honesty

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
^ cd players operate by normal 1/8" jacks... get a 1/8 --> 1/4" adapter from radioshack... everything else either run it into a soundcard into the MPC, or run it into a computer and then out to the MPC...

members online