MPC vs KORG TRITON

• beat this! voting starts in...

J-malice

PRODUCER ALMIGHTY!!
ill o.g.
It seems like everyone on this site is workin off of an mpc. am i the only one that knows the power of the triton. which one do yall prefer?? why?
since i've never used an mpc i gotta go with the triton. plus since i dont sample i need the keys. but i haer nuthin but good reports on the MPC any thousand!! yall let me know wuts up!!

vitaminman

IllMuzik Staff
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Hey,

You answered your own question with a question..."am i the only one that knows the power of the triton"...

For someone who doesn't sample and needs keys, the MPC is useless...you're doing well with what you have.

Take care,

Nick

vitaminman

IllMuzik Staff
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Hey,

I think that when it came out it was a very nice piece of gear...people have continued to use it and Akai haven't really had to drop their prices because they sell.

By today's standards though it is a complete ripoff, I think that it is just hype that keeps people buying them when there are so many other products out there that kill it in price and features.

Take care,

Nick

Waynyce

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
I have a Triton myself too. I got the MPC because the drum sounds in the triton just don't cut it. Although it samples, the process of writing the samples to programs every time I turn it on was too much of a hassle for me. plus, I don't have a computer right now and the MPC has 64 MIDI tracks of sequencing. Together they make a mean team. But, there are other products out there too.

inrctyhoodmusic

Muzik Militant
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
I have an mpc2000xl and a triton rack.....the mpc sequencer is second to none and the mpc you can make breaks and change into them better than the triton the only thing the triton has is sounds as waynyce said together they make one hell of a team and the mpc is the best machine to have midi wise it does stand for Midi Production Center..and along with the sequencer and midi the 16 note function the note repeat and the track mute it makes it look like a mixboard on screen for those who don't work out of a studio you can mix your beat down right in it with no hassel

J-malice

PRODUCER ALMIGHTY!!
ill o.g.
Yea i was lucky enough to work on a triton le for about a week and i noticed that the drums were a joke. im about to get a triton studio. but damn i didnt know that you had to load the samples everytime you turn it back on. shoot i dont too much know if i want one then. Is there something you can buy to keep them there? and can i like load soundfonts to it? my bad bout all da questions but yall got me thinkin now. and about the MPC does that come with sounds or do you have to buy sample cds?

Some Guy

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 100
Originally posted by vitaminman
Hey,

By today's standards though it is a complete ripoff, I think that it is just hype that keeps people buying them when there are so many other products out there that kill it in price and features.

Take care,

Nick

Goddamn I thought I was the only one that though this! Right on. :clap:

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
Well look, I had the rs7000, the mp7, triton le....all kinds of software and I hear you guys but I sold all of the other bullshish....because they were supposed to be somewhat in the same class, they still could not touch what I could do with a good sample..........say what you want but if you know how to use the mpc....even the 2000 it still is one of the best pieces for strictly hot and easy drum programming and hell the thing is....it is only as good as the sample you load and only as good as your actual abilities and familiarity with editing and making your original drum patterns.....it is the only piece I know of that you could load hi quality acoustic drum samples into and record a sequence and you would not know that it wasn't a real drummer.....most people I know still won't use anything else....maybe an akai s2000 or s950....to program their drums in and use it on a real production project......

C

Copenhagen

From reading your posts it got me thinking about placebo's, you know doctors giving patients sugar tablets and saying it's a drug that will cure their this and that...and people believe it and get well.
I'm not stating that the mpc isn't any better or anything, cause I haven't worked to much with any sequencers (and therefore don't know) but couldn't it be, that all the hype there's been about the mpc since it came out has got people thinking that that's the only way...that even though they have a RS7000 or some other sequencer than the mpc...that even though their sequencer is good, they keep thinking that their beats will only be good with an mpc.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
I feel what all of you guys are saying but I'm just having a hard time comparing a MPC to a keyboard...lol. I mean, I know that they preform alot of the same task but at the same time, each one offers a ton of features that the other doesnt. Really, if any of you wanted a keyboard would you actually consider buying a MPC? or vice versa? Maybe its this headache I got. I'll re-think this later. No disrepect intended.

--dac

J-malice

PRODUCER ALMIGHTY!!
ill o.g.
LOL i hear you about comparing an MPC to a keyboard thing, but the thing is most young producers like myself dont really know tooooo much and equipment and all the technicalities or wut not so of course constantly lookin for informationon how to make beats and this and that. and one piece of equipment that we will ALWAYS see is an MPC. I was lucky enough to hear about a triton tho and the triton is more of my style. but at first i didnt know wut the MPC was really used for all i knew is "thats what timbaland uses blah blah blah thats wut Diddy uses and so on" (i dont know if thats tru or not thats just wut i was told) you know stuff like that is always gonna get somebodys attention. and you hear the same about the triton. so thats how i got confused on wether i wanted an MPC or not, but i think im good now.

inrctyhoodmusic

Muzik Militant
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
^^^^well if young bucks such as yourself don't know too much instead of picking up that xxl or source you should pick up that keyboard or recoding studio magazine..There's a lot of information in mags like these

And a lot of producers use this like diddy tim swizz dre and a lot of others alltough it may be the 3000 series they use
(more midi ins and outs) and then they put the triton the motif the mo phat the planet phat and things of that nature on the mpc via midi and use the mpc to sequence but the sampler in the mpc is over rated the asr-10 and the asrx have better sampler but the sequencers suck

Copenhagen--I understand what your saying about the mpc as a sequencer and other machines may be just as good but the features like the note repeat and 16 levels is what makes it popular along with the easy to understand midi set up on it among other things

C

Crate Raider

i've worked with both a bit, but for some reason i like the mpc a lot more. maybe its just cause it suits my style. but once i start makin money off music im gonna cop a triton still, it'd enhance the hell outta my beats