MPC Groove Template in FL

Hi-Lo

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
So i was scrolling through the forums here the other day when I saw someone had uploaded these MPC groove templates for FL, but even after looking at the manual im confused about what to do with this template.

Do i do my drums first, then drag the template onto that channel in the step sequencer to give it some swing or whatnot? Do i drag it there before doing my drums and then lay them down? When i bring the template into a channel on the step sequencer its just a hit every few bars or so for the exact same duration, so I don't really know what that does for me. Anyone know what I should be doing?

NobleWordz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
Do your drums first (if your not doing your drums in the piano roll, right click the channel and click 'send to piano roll'). Then when in the piano roll press ALT+Q, the quantize box will pop up, at the top of the left of box there is a folder icon, click it then browse to your groove template and open it. Then click the tick icon in the bottom left of the quantize box.

Its best of you do your drums in the FPC because all of your drum hits will be in the same channel, its make it more effective for the grove.

I hope I explained that good enough, good luck :)

~NW~

Hi-Lo

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
NobleWordz said:
Do your drums first (if your not doing your drums in the piano roll, right click the channel and click 'send to piano roll'). Then when in the piano roll press ALT+Q, the quantize box will pop up, at the top of the left of box there is a folder icon, click it then browse to your groove template and open it. Then click the tick icon in the bottom left of the quantize box.

Its best of you do your drums in the FPC because all of your drum hits will be in the same channel, its make it more effective for the grove.

I hope I explained that good enough, good luck :)

~NW~

Thanks a lot man, thats exactly what I was wondering about.

O

open mind

i tried some templates and they work really well.thanks.

members online