MPC Fly

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
Curios to see what would happen if the change the form factor in the Ipad3....

Good point...
They're going to announce it next month and the ipad3 will be thicker due to the new A6 SoC...

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Would somebody please help me understand this concept...I'm just not getting it and I really do want to. This would be good for ?

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Ok, so this would be good for making beats when your wife asks you to ride with her out to the mall, instead of going in you could sit in the car and work on a beat? or if you have a doctors appointment, you could sit in the lobby and work on a beat while you wait to be called? I mean I don't get it...I luv music but I just can't recall ever being on a mission or doing any task and wishing that I had my sampler with me. I can see how this would be much better than using a phone to make a beat but once again, I just don't see it's practicality as opposed to sitting at your home workstation and creating a beat in the right environment.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
I guess my misunderstanding is 'when and where' this would be useful to have when you're on the go. The very best scenario that I can come up with is maybe use it during your lunch break at work and even that has it's limitations when most people try to eat and take a break while at work...But in another sense, I guess this does 'fit' with todays lifestyle if you're non-socialable and introverted.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
It's true, I think it's a great idea but for me if I'm out somewhere I'm not going to start making beats, I do that at home. I can see this being used while on a plane for example, but even then, most of the time I'm passed out and the last thing I want to do is be productive.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
Ha! They should make a video of a hipster making a beat on the bus and dancing with his white earbud cord swinging all over.

Or @ starbucks spilling a latte macchiato on his mpc fly while excessively banging the pads. Ipads in public are so attention-whore-like lol

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
If I had to come up with a brighter side to this...I think it would be something on the grounds of how it would promote more people to be more interested in the process of making music and music as a whole. Somewhere, people kinda lost the passion for music, I still think it had a lot to do with the demise of Home Stereo and the advent of mp3's (plus a few other factors...). If you view this as a tool to increase musics popularity then right on, I'll support the idea, otherwise this is just a toy for people who have too much down time even when they are on the go.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
No thanks...I couldn't spend the money for mobility.

I understand what they are trying to accomplish...but I don't see the practicality in it...

members online