MPC error?

dj ShorTbuS

Cold Get Retarded
ill o.g.
heres the deal, i just trimmed and resampled a ride cymbal from the floppy disk that comes with the mpc. i renamed the file and all that then hit the main page button. next i think i rotated the data wheel and hit a pad at the same time. i dont know if this would cause an error but a message flashed up that said Error 0035: something. i hit the main page again and then a screen with lines of code came like this:

AX: 000C SI: 6E22 DS: SI=> FF FF FF FF FF *****
BX: 002C DI: 71F2 DS: DI=> FF FF FF FF FF *****
and so on. it took up the whole screen. then at the bottom by the F keys there were SEQ RUN STEP MEMORYfor F3-F6. what the f is this! if anyone knows whats up please help.

voorheezMP

M.ilitia P.roductions
ill o.g.
Never sen that befor, what mpc do you have?

nas2000xl

The Ripper
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
that happened to me with my 2000xl also. i couldn`t figure it out and tried to call akia on the matter but at that time akai support was down.
so i just rebooted and started working again. hasn`t happened agin so far. lucky me i only had 1 sample on the mpc at that time.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I don't want to go off topic, but I've heard (read) lots of people having problems with their MPC freezing up once in a while for various reasons. Does someone know why this might be? Is the operating system full of bugs or something?

nas2000xl

The Ripper
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
its not so much a bug its more of pressing buttons too fast. just like on a computer you try to do too many things at once, it freezes.

monumental

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 6
yeah i got a 2kxl as well i had it freeze up a few times, someone said it's like a computer and if your doing to many things, it just freezes. i agree with that, i think that it might have to do with how full your sample space is but it could be anything.