MPC 60 vs. Laptop

shotgun

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Im getting paid soon due to a few beat sales, and ive always used FL Studio but i always wanted classic gear like the MPC 60, but i also want a laptop cause i already kno how to work the programs and i need a new computer to travel wit.

Ima end up getting both sometime but i was wondering from experts such as yaself what should i get first

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
2 questions....
1. do you like to quickly make an entire beat, have all of your sounds and endless sample time??
2. would you like to work at making your beats? and actually have to really put in some mental and time to get a finished full joint with little visual and piano roll assistance or the speed of the pc, precise Zoom and sample chopping and loop creation and arrangement ?and with out using a big screen and a mouse?

if you answer 1, I would say get the laptop and keep fruity
if 2 then you go get that mpc 60 but you need to keep a huge library somewhere.

all of these are possible but the level of technique involved may be more required to use your brain space to map out your idea as opposed to that nice work area you would get with Fruity to space out things, visualize chop and easily move around loops and samples.....to me the work area is important to me....even with the mv8000 and getting the video option is the way I want to go....I am not as much into using a small edit screen for everything as I used to even though I am a huge mpc user and connosieur.

For someone that travels like you say you are the answer to your question from me would be get the laptop.

The-Shadow

Ego Sum Vox Manus Deus
ill o.g.
If you're already making loot off of the Fruit, maybe you should continue to work that way. If you're going to be moving around, all you gotta do is plant the laptop in a bag and away you go.

TheDeen

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I'd recommend getting a good MacBook with Logic Express (which is very full-featured and can later be upgraded to Logic Pro for the price difference between the two)

members online