mpc 500, worth it?

MagnaOpera

Comes Equipped...
ill o.g.
So... The opportunity to buy an MPC 500 has popped up, the price is around 300 bucks. Is the MPC 500 worth buying, or should I just save up some more dough and get a 1000, 2500, etc. I'm basically trying to (largely) eliminate my computer from the whole production process (as much as I possibly can when composing), so yeah.

Thanks.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
It really depends on, i luv it but i have 2 xl's and a bunch of other samplers so mpc500 without the xl's would not be an ideal situation. For what it does (being an mpc) its great fun and my best travel companion. There are some trade offs, like the headphone out is soft simply because that saves batteries and the clips holding the ram have broken off even though they were completly intact when installing the ram upgrade (it never fell either). I added some foam to the batteryclosure which hold the ram down, no big deal really.The built in fx are not the best and the dynamics are quite handy (but prefer to process my samples on the mac at first). $300 bucks sounds like a nice deal man

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Yeah man eBay is my new bestest friend.

nah man ..Craigslist FTW!!

But 300 is a good deal, I'd jump on it.....Actually...let me go outbid you...brb..

MagnaOpera

Comes Equipped...
ill o.g.
nah man ..Craigslist FTW!!

But 300 is a good deal, I'd jump on it.....Actually...let me go outbid you...brb..
Bastid! yeah craigslist is good but nobody in my area has any decent gear (that I want, anyways).

MagnaOpera

Comes Equipped...
ill o.g.
but... I think I might look at some 1000s. They're seeming to go for around 500-700 which is not a bad price point in my mind.

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
its worth it for 300 bucks!!!..thas cheap as hell i wud def get it and run midi wit other programs

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
craigslist can get u robbed...lol... its been in the news of people goin to different locations throughout the country and gettin robbed for the cash they bring to pay for the item they THINK theyre goin to buy... i got my last RS7000 ($500 cash) from craigslist... u gotta bring peeps with u for sure... and meet at a neutral location.

da relic

Step Soprano

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
lol, fuck meetin up with some random dude without havin my strap and one of my boys with his... askin to get robbed