mpc 4000 users

ill o.g.
hey, what's up everyone... looking to network info on the mpc 4000...recently added it to the equipment collection, first time on a mpc, and i have a few questions. hit me up if you get the chance- thx ~ SuB-CoN

ill o.g.
k, here we go with a few-
1) with my fantom, i'm able to use an instrument defintion for sonar to remember when i save projects and wanna come back to them..... how do i go about doin something like this with my mpc? so that sonar can recall what was used in the mpc.

2) i have a cdj1000 that i'd like to use to sample into the mpc, what's the set up with that? i understand about finding loop points though i haven't really dealt with doing this kinda thing yet.

3) this answer probably shares the same answer as number 2, but if i have a sample in my HD, i.e. a bass, how do i go about lengtening the duration of the sample so that it responds to the length of me holding down a given pad?

4) midi editing in the sequence- i'm used to the cut, copy, paste in sonar, but it's a little different of a layout in the mpc and i was wondering if you had any tricks or tips on adjusting?

we can start with these... this is a new piece of equipment for me and i do have the user manual and reference manual that i've been skimming over but haven't really delved into it. thx a lot x-squizet and anyone else who's helpin out~ peace!

SeveredTies

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
damn, I need to get a 4000. wish I could help but I only know about the 2000, 2000xl, and 3000, never ****ed with a 4000.

ill o.g.
yeah, i guess the 4000's a lot different than the others in the way they operate...makes it tough to get advice from everyone.. thx for checkin though

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
SuB ConScience said:
hey, what's up everyone... looking to network info on the mpc 4000...recently added it to the equipment collection, first time on a mpc, and i have a few questions. hit me up if you get the chance- thx ~ SuB-CoN

you've never owned an mpc before and you jumped in head first and got a 4000 good luck

thats the hardest mpc to learn even when u have previous mpc experience

not trying to knock u but damn thats a large leap I hope u got a good price on it

I have a lil experience with it myself, what would u like to know?

ill o.g.
$1800, that's why i did it (same cost as going with a 2000xl).... plus to have the access to all the q-links. i listed a few questions on the 3rd repy. thx and peace~sub con