mpc 2kxl bpm match?

triple face

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
yo sup illmuzik heads
Could somone please explain to me how to use this function i have read the manual and tried various things but once i have executed the bpm match and have gone back to the main screen my sample hasnt changed it sounds exactly how it did before. do i need to assign it as a new sample to a new pad? if so how do i do this?

triple face

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
im thinking if i learn to use this i will be able to take a sample of any bpm and match it to any speed drum loop?

SeveredTies

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I dont think you want to use the mpc for that, unless you are transposing the sample.

I tried to use that one time and it didnt come out the way I wanted, so what I do now is just take the sample record it into my computer and then change the bpm with the Time Compression/Expansion plug-in in Pro-tools. I know the other software has the same thing of changing the time without the pitch.

But I think what you are trying to do is more of a Mixing-the-beat-together type of action. There is nothing on the Mpc that will automatically put a sample on beat for you.

I think that's what you were asking...let me know if that helped.

triple face

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
thanks i found that helpful but i still would like to know how to use this though. the main problem is i cant figure out how to assign the sample to a pad after i have gone through with the bpm match. it just seems to get lost in my mpc and i cant find it, lol.
what do you mean by transposing the sample? im still new to this

SeveredTies

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
By Transposing I mean Adjusting the Pitch.......

Ok, I went to my mpc to try this and I think the way you want to get this to work is.....

Select the sample, in the EDIT screen,that you want to transpose and make sure you have no extra space. Highlight the section of sound...click edit...then disgard the empty space.

Then go into the Edit screen again....then go to time strech....then choose what type of sample you have....Vocals,Music,etc....then click the BPM tab....select the orignal tempo and the tempo you want it to be....then click DO IT.

It actually changes the original sample instead of giving you a new one.

If you want to assign it to a pad....

Hit Shift-Progam....then click Drum1 on the screen...hit the pad you want to assign it to. Then move the wheel to the sample. it should say some thing like ...

Note:64=Sound:Sample1

change Sample1 to your sample.

then exit the screen.

There is one tricky part to this BPM match....You have to know what the original BPM is.
What you want to do is match the original to a dummy beat, until it loops cleanly.
Then mess with the BPM match.

Hope this is a little more helpful.

members online