MPC 2000XL's 8 0uts??

50 cal

King of the West
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Can somebody tell me why alot of people get 8 outs on there mpc's. I want to get a 2000xl, and hook up to my pc so i can play my beats in cubase. Will I need 8 outs to do this, and if so i'll need a sound card with at least 8 ins right. Sorry if the question sounds stupid, I just don't want to get something that i can't use with my pc.

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201
You can get a soundcard with 8 ins like the M-Audio Delta 1010, and record each track into cubase at the same time. Plus the 8-outs on the 2kxl is optional which means youll have to fork over extra cash for the 8 out expansion board. Unless your buying the 2kxl off someone who already has the 8-out board installed.

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
50 cal said:
Ok, Thanks you guys. That's exactly what i needed to know. I just wanted to make sure, because i heard somewhere that hooking a 2xl to a computer could damage it.

WHAT???
the only way u can hook a 2xl to a computer is with audio cables to a sound card. The 8 outs is really not neccasry in my opionion unless ur doing some serious recording. U can track out ur beats just using the 2 outs. Mute each track record ur 4,8,or 16 bar loop into your multi track(cubase protools etc..) then cut and past

easy as pie

holla back with anymore questions AFTER u have done some serious reseach

class...

members online