mpc 2000xl question

• beat this! voting starts in...

Louie Lou

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
Ok, Im about to cop a MPC 2000xl and the question is. how long can I stay afloat with a MPC with a floppy drive?

How many kits can a floppy hold?

I want to add a zip to it at least, but I don't want to buy it with one in it already. I think I'll do it for cheaper installing it myself.

P

Paradox

I have never upgraded to a zip drive and I have no complaints.

B

Billy Bathgate

I agree. You would like a zip better. it can obviously hold more. plus it loads up way faster than a floppy. I want to get a zip my self but the funds have not been right for me yet.

Waynyce

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
You can keep the floppy drive you have and then add a scsi zip drive later. For really short sounds like kicks and snares, floppies can hold a good amount of those. If you plan on sampling longer than 2 seconds you will probably want a zip drive. But it's good to have the built in floppy because it gives you one more option for saving and loading. If you have sample CD's you can get a scsi CDROM and chain it to the zip and MPC as well like I have.

Louie Lou

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
kool, thanx for the responses. eventually I will get a scsi cd, so I better shop on ebay or something for a scsi zip. I'll wait till i get the MPC in my grips first and play around with it.

E

EXEL THE BRAIN

you are gonna feel very limited but that can only get your skills up...

members online