Mpc 2000xl, Asr-10, Phantom-x

B.Hawk

THE PRIVATE
ill o.g.
What Do U Guys Think About That Set Up? What Are The Pros And Cons, Cause I Have The Mp And The Asr, Now Im Thinkin About Gettin The Phantom-x

Holla Back

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
that would be a very good setup in my opinion. you have the MPC for all the sequencing, the ASR for sampling etc.. and then the Fantom X for all your extra sounds.

the thing is though i doubt you would need the Fantom coz you have a sequencer and all the other shit that comes with the Fantom. you may aswell just get a nice synth or a sound module.

sAfE.

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
Rhythmikal said:
that would be a very good setup in my opinion. you have the MPC for all the sequencing, the ASR for sampling etc.. and then the Fantom X for all your extra sounds.

the thing is though i doubt you would need the Fantom coz you have a sequencer and all the other shit that comes with the Fantom. you may aswell just get a nice synth or a sound module.

sAfE.
You should get the fantom XR rack and a MIDI controller that way you can add other sound modules if needed.

class...

x-squizet

Roll Tide Roll
ill o.g.
Well he has his midi controler he can just controle the sounds from the rack to the asr-10 and sample with it, and sequence with the mpc,

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
i say, spend the X money on the XR and Motif Racks; it will cost roughly the same thing, and they will cover the other modules weaknesses.

The-Shadow

Ego Sum Vox Manus Deus
ill o.g.
You should be able to find a Yamaha S90 for a good price. The price went down since the MOTIF ES series came out. You'll get a nice synth engine exactly the same as the Motif Rack, a nice hard controller (hammer impact 88 key) and you won't be doubling up on samplers and sequencers cause you already have those.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
same synth engine, different samples (waveforms); the sounds themselves are different.

better yet, get one of the aforementioned racks and invest around $5-600 dollars into some outboard gear....

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
Cold Truth said:
i say, spend the X money on the XR and Motif Racks; it will cost roughly the same thing, and they will cover the other modules weaknesses.

thats a good idea, id do that.

sAfE.

members online