Movie Score Beats?

tricky spinz

Dead Man Walkin
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 12
anybody in here either into making movie score beats or just ends up making a beat that sounds like it belongs in the background to some movie? like, you mean it to be a hip hop song, but it turns out an awesome instrumental with no place for vocals?

like, for me, i don't try to, but it just seems to happen sometimes. anyone else feelin this?

Tim D

Bitchn' Bout IRS
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Yea, this has happened to me sometimes, i dont plan on doing it, its just the way it goes

sammy beats

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 17
Yeah this happens to me sometimes and other times I just like to right movie score music. It's nice to take a breather from hip hop every now and then and produce something different

G-French

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
This happens to me alot. I am taking film classes now so I hope this will help me make my own soundtrack to a short film I make.

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
I haven't made enough beats to start having them sound like movie scores but I am in the middle of making beats from movie music. I was trying to produce a Llyod Banks Warrior remix out of the Conan the Barbarian soundtrack score and call it the Barbarian remix....but it ain't really working out....

I guess I don't make movie beats because it is hard to get people to spend the time to get into that beat. I mean...think about it....its hard to get feedback on a 60 second beat. Some people don't want to put in the time to hear that so what is gonna make them sit down and listen to your 5 minute movie score?