MOTU with PRO TOOLS???????????

macthedoulos

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 2
help! i've heard two contradicting answers on this:

can you use a motu hardware piece with pro tools? say... a motu 828 to get sounds from the 8 outs on my mpc 2000xl to the computer with pro tools. someone told me that you can only use digidesign hard with pro tools. is this true? if so...i don't get the logic of how one can't .......

help!

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
They might be using a workaround because there are devices that you can use with LE via the SPDIF optical connection...there is an alesis audio module that you can cop for around 150 and daisy chain it to the 001 for like 8 more inputs making a 16 input device....I do not know of anyone that has successfully used another piece like the MOTU, but basicically if you tryna hook that up as the primary it will not work with Protools....they want to sell their equipment so it works with their software...

Evil Scientist

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
There are some proper work arounds that exist to allow people to use other high end A/D converters instead of Digidesigns own range but those are like apogees where you pay extra to get even higher quality then the 96 and 192 I/O so they are for serious players, I'd be kinda suprised if there was a workaround that gave you full functionality for cheaper than the cost of Digidesign's hardware.

members online