Most used equipment at the moment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Helios

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
What's the most used equipment at the moment?
( except the MPC ;) )

What kind of equipment are people like rockwilder or manny fresh using?

B

Briellz

Currently the Korg Triton/ or module is hot! Its a very powerful K/Board!

Umm...I heard the Roland Fantom is awsome tooo!

The SP 1200 is another awsome peice of equipment to use..and the ASR-10/Rack is great too!

I found an article with Manny freash and he was using a roland board with an MPC....

The rockwilder...I have nooooo clue on what he uses.

If you have any questions hit me up!

Helios

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Aight.
I don't know what yo favourite producers...
But for me only Juicy J and Dj Paul from Three 6 Mafia are steady makin hot beats.
I love every album they produced, their sound is still the same.
They got their 808 snares, strings, pianos, ...
I think they always use the same equipment but I wonder what.

F

F.L.O.C.

Ever heard of HI-Tek?? the man is a genius. dont sleep on his skills.

Reflection Eternal
Talib Kweli - blackstar
Mos Def - blackstar
Snoop Dogg
Madd SKillz

just some people he's produced for

B

Briellz

Hi-Tek is dope!

Reflection Eternal is an awsome album with nice production. Hi-Tek uses a MPC 3000 for ya'll that didn't know.

C

Copenhagen

Originally posted by Helios
Aight.
I don't know what yo favourite producers...
But for me only Juicy J and Dj Paul from Three 6 Mafia are steady makin hot beats.
I love every album they produced, their sound is still the same.
They got their 808 snares, strings, pianos, ...
I think they always use the same equipment but I wonder what.

Yes, it sounds like they always use the same equipment and plot the same crappy hi-hat the same way on each beat they make...which seems to be the standard for Dirty South...

Not to dis' your taste, but as you can tell I'm personally hating it...and the CD covers they make for Dirty South groups...

Helios

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
the dirty south is on top now cause everybody is tired of this hip-hop for aged people, I talk about primo copy cats and all those lames. Years ago I used to listen to eastcoast shit, but now there's only a bunch of lames or " me aint no wanksta bla bla" hoes, or ryde or die ni66az...

Dj Paul and Juicy J don't sound like the rest, they used 808 drums when all them wackass hoes where tryin 2 show that they were usin dirty dirty lofi snares to be real hip-hop, or others tried to make wack tracks with rnb lames.

They sell nuff copies to be rich and they are still real, still gangsta, never changin their topics to be played on the radio,
they recorded a track with ICP, ...

three six mafia don't give a fuck about lames.

I love the last 2 Project Pat albums and he's still in jail. He has his unique style, his own flow, his own words.

Most of them eastcoast dont even have a flow, if they wanna try to be philosophers, they should write books and not annoyin the rest of the world. ( I still respect Guru. )

I never saw a wack three six mafia cover, you be talkin bout those old no limit covers.

C

Copenhagen

Project Pat was actually the CD I had in mind, heard one of his albums...I think the last one he did.
My producer partner and I was laughing at the album and how they used the same hat on each track and sequenced it identically on each track.
It was only the first track on that album I thought was ok and which could also be a club banger...otherwise I thought it was a joke.

I might be a Hip-Hop senior citizen, but the Boom Bap era still stands as the best of Hip-Hop to me, and eventhough I'd agree with you that a lot of east (and also west) rappers are putting out a lot of shit, the albums I like most and the most innovative peeps are still to be found there...in my opinion

But, we all have our own taste, luckily.

Status
Not open for further replies.