Most expensive record???

Producer X

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
What up Illmuzik,

I'm just curious to see what the most expensive album anyone here as bought or would buy. I buy all of my wax on Ebay. There's one album I bought for like $20 + shipping. When I got it, I wasn't too crazy about it. I got some one shots and some drums off of it, but that was it. I have it listed on ebay right now and the bids are at almost $50 for it and still have about 4 hours left. I'm like, "did I miss something?" Don't get me wrong, it's a good album, but damn.

There's another album I bought in a lot of 50 albums that I paid like $6.00 for all 50. This one album I saw on Ebay went for like $90. Now this ablum is full of hot ish. I think I sampled everything on it. (can't say what it is...LOL) But, $90? I guess the person I bought it from didn't know the he could've gotten that type of money for that ONE record.

What do y'all think?

Here's the record I'm selling.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4705195954&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

X

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
I think the most expensive record I bought was 30-40$ a few years back. About e-bay, it's like the lottery, sometimes you can get a great deal on a record, the next week the price inflates 10 fold. Good for the seller, but it creates unrealistic price guides for records that aren't nearly worth whats listed. Anyways, just be patient when cyber-digging, set a maximum bid price so you don't regret it after the auction ends.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Good question.

I bought 2 copies of 45 King's LP "Grooves to a Quiet Storm". Each one was $20 I think. I used one of them and the other is still sealed. Don't know why I did it, probably 'cause the record is so amazing.

C

Copenhagen

Back in the day, I bought some special pressings that cost me between $50-170...Denmark is more expensive though in the first place.

dj ShorTbuS

Cold Get Retarded
ill o.g.
Most expensive record I bought was about $30 off Ebay. Dope soundtrack from the 70's. I've made I think 6 beats off of it so far. I'd say I got my money's worth.

Da IllFellaz

Knee Deep In Da Beats
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 125
most xpensive record i bought was 8 bux. haha. pat benetar. i always buy my records in bulk so dat way i can sell all da duds back to da vinyl spot n get back some of my chedda. lota dudes collect records jus to collect, not to listen to. i was readin a local paper n theres a dude whose life consists of placing value on records. he said hes priced vinyl up in the thousands easy for very rare wax. it was a great read cause i know some of da vinyl i got is rather rare n worth some dough.

Konvict

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I dont remember spending more than 3 dollars on any of the records I own! Goodwill has some nice sh*t for the low!:dance:

CampO

BEAT u DOWN
ill o.g.
I dont pay nuttin but I no wat u mean how some of these prices are crazy my dad decided 2 sell about 2000 records out of his collection and Certain records the guy wanted and was willing to pay top dollar like over $75 a record for them . I asked him why he wants all these old records and he said He ships them back to Japan for Top Dollaz cuz they really into alot of old stuff there .

FuzE

i make beatz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 99
I was diggin the other day and saw a Curtis Mayfield album for 60 bucks!! I was like WTF. I think those guys consider things like if its in mint condition and if its and original press blah blah blah....