Monitors Dilemna

DJ Dro

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Okay heres the thing ... After a long time debating which monitors to order i went w/ the TR8 XL, but I didnt see that they werent in stock though. So now im gonna change it to something that is in stock at the place i ordered it. This means either the M-Audio BX8 or the regular TR8. What would some of yall do in my situation ? (Maybe i should just wait for the XL's ?) Thanks in advance guys. BTW I ordered them from americanmusical.com and it seems as though the M-Audios are more wattage for less money, does that make much of a difference ?

DJ Dro

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Damn are you for real ? They got the tr8 at the studio we go to i thought they sounded clean. I aint really trying to spend that much on them (more than 600) I aint recording over here just making beats.

Producer X

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
The XL are pretty good for the price. First off ask yourself why you wanted the XL's over the the TR8's. Don't settle for what you can get now over what you want/need. Then ask yourself is the 50 watts that important to you. As for the M-audio joints. I'm personally not to crazy about them. Their bass responce was a little mudddy to me. Which ever you deside on, you might want to get out of the mindfframe of "just using them to make beats" Even in the creating process, you want to hear everything you're putting into the track. Why wait until you get into a studio with top notch monitors to hear that your shit sounds like shit. Use good monitors even when you're creating. But, that's just my opinion. If you can afford to make payments on credit/debit card, try americanmusical.com .

X

DJ Dro

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Thanks for the intuitive responses yall. I ended up getting the M-Audios but if I dont like em ill just send em back and pay the difference for the TR8. Actually X, I was bout to order the regular TR8 (minus the extra 50 watts) but a mistake was made and I ended up w/ the TR8XL on backorder. But yeah, thanks yall.

Producer X

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Good luck with them. Hope they work out for you.
X

members online