mo phatt or proteus

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
I have the mophatt and also had the mp7, both have the same sound roms, the mophatt comes with the planet phat rom soundset made for hip hop (supposedly LOL) but overall I like it plus it's editable and you can layer sounds and add fx for each layer and also send them thru filters.....I believe you can do the same with the proteus but it comes with a different set of sounds more geared generically like a lot of sounds you might find on a higher end keyboard/synth...it isn't made specifically for 1 genre of music, but it might have a larger variety in the stock set of sounds it comes with but both of these modules can be expanded meaning you can get the proteus rom and put them in the mophatt and you can take the planet phat rom and install it in the proteus and have all of the sounds from each in either module.....so overall I don't know if either one might be actually better, but if you're talking all around sound sets you might go with the proteus....

F

fade502

The Mo pHatt is Pinkish/prupleish and it says Mo Phatt on it... therefore inferior to the proteus, especially if you can install the same rom to the Proteus and have both.

You may not like my reasoning, but it works for me.

GhostChamberz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 128
i'd take the Mo' Phat, but then again, if u want to save some money i'll hook u up with da E-Mu Platinum Phatt AKAI cd's , its 2 cd's and its got all da sounds , and maybe spend your money on something else.

by the way, check this one out: EMU Vintage Pro

Includes samples from the Hammond B-3, Wurlitzer EP, Fender Rhodes, Hohner Clavinet, Farfisa, Mellotron, Moogs, Prophets, Oberheim OBX, Jupiter, Juno, 808, 909, ARPs, DX7, CP70, Matrix, SH101, TB303, E-MU Modular, Fairlight, and many more.

C

CooGi_dice

hmmmm.... save your money and get a roland jv-1010 or jv-2080 (the 2080 is amazing, its a monster)

anything made specificly for hip-hop is always crap.... since hip-hop heads are not programing it...

4 or 5 years when the mo' phatt came out (maybe a lil father back) it was "ok" but just ok, nothing special.

the drums on it suck... and the other sounds are... well, they dont compare, put it like that... and in my opinion the efx are crap.

the protuess 2k is nice, u can put up 2 three expansion rom boards in there giving u access to a wide varriety of sounds.

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
Coogi I agree with you about the drums but you can put the same amount of expansions in the mophatt also.........the main thing about the mophatt and all of their modules is the ability to take the sounds and stack the shidd out of em and you can make the drums sound ok if you edit them....thats the other thing all of the sounds are editable....but anyhow that don't matter for me because I hooked a deal with some cats to do 100 beats and they are buying me a fantom....can you beat a deal like that?......I might pass my mophatt along then....

B.Hawk

THE PRIVATE
ill o.g.
YO BIG D IF U SELL YOUR MOPHATT LEMME KNOW BECAUSE WE LIVE CLOSE TO EACH CAUSE U TOLD ME THAT U USED TO GO TO VCU

B.Hawk

THE PRIVATE
ill o.g.
I HAVE PLAYED WITH IT AND DID SOME TRACKS BUT IM NOT REALLY FEELIN IT TOO MUCH

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
make sure its the fantom x! fantom x! XXXXXXXXX!!!!
nah seriously, fantom, fantom-s, or fantom x?

Some Guy

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 100
If you want your stuff to sound like 1991 then be sure to get a MoPhatt and Proteus. Those boxes are played as fuck!

members online