MIDI Keyboards

J-UK

Um........
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
I wanna know if anyone on hear uses those little two octave MIDI Keyboards with no sounds and if they do are they any good? I also wanna know if you can use your owns sounds and transfer them to the keyboard or if you have to use MIDI sounds? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.

Phreeze

Stupa Hero
ill o.g.
Those small, patchless MIDI keyboards are MIDI controllers. Very useful for the studio setup with a good amount of MIDI gear (synths, modules, samplers) because if everything is connected in a practical manner you can trigger any device from just that one keyboard.

You cannot load samples into them, but if you want something you can put on your lap and play - they're great.

vitaminman

IllMuzik Staff
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Hey,

I use the Oxygen8 at work and at home when I'm not in my 'real' studio, usually downstairs watching tv.

No, you cannot transfer sounds to it...think of it like a keyboard for a computer: by itself it does absolutely squat, but as soon as you plug it into the back of your CPU you can control the computer.

If you don't have any hardware synths/samplers, you will have to run some sort of wavetable or soft synth on your computer and trigger the sounds on it. The sounds will come out of your soundcard which is plugged into your speakers, and you can then hear it.

Take care,

Nick