midi controllers? whats the deal?

F

furiousstyles

I was just wondering if anyone out there could help me with a problem I'm having. I'm looking to buy a midi controller in place of a traditional keyboard, but I'm not really too sure how it would work for recording. would i run my midi software at the same time as my recording software? How does that work? I just want to make sure that i can hear my playback and lay down the keys over that in real time. Or does the midi software integrate into the recording software? Whats the deal?

thaprecepta

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Well you buy a midi keyboard and you hook it up with a program like reason. The midi just tells your computer which keys you are pushing (and how hard usually). If your keyboard is more advanced it has knobs and shit which can also send midi info to use with your pc. So getting back to reason. If you bought a midi keyboard and had a midi in on your pc (or soundcard/box whatever), you could use it to record shit on reason. You would pick an instrument patch and whenever you pressed a key on your keyboard, the corresponding note would play. I think that answers what you are asking. Peace

Fabrik

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
A bit offtopic but I just ordered Axiom 49. It should arrive tommorow. I've done research and it suits me just right. If yall want my opinion on it, I can post it here in a couple of days.

members online