Midi Controller?

C

citisyn

I've been really anxious to begin making beats, so I've been trying to get a midi controller for easier production. But I found some older keyboard I had, and I looked around it and found a connection that says "phones/output". I was wondering if I could, for example, hook it up to FL Studio in perhaps a piano roll. My keyboard is a LK-30 Song Bank Keyboard. Is there any kind of cord I could buy to hook it up to my pc?

Tenbucc2

ill o.g.
Dude... it ain't gonna happen for you on that paticular keyboard. gonna have to get one with midi capabilities. you can probably find on for about $20 on ebay but it's not going to be very good... my suggestion is to come with $200 and get some quality shit. Unless you're not sure if beat making is for you then try out something cheap. Also if you live in a major metropolitan city check Craigslist.org, you might be able to catch a free keyboard there.

C

citisyn

Tenbucc2 said:
you can probably find on for about $20 on ebay but it's not going to be very good... my suggestion is to come with $200 and get some quality shit.

What do you mean "quality"? What should I be looking for? I don't think I really need a lot of keys....I don't care if it has any sounds on it...I just don't see the point. I just want something that will make it easier to make beats in FL Studio, using the sounds from there instead. What else could I possibly need?

(sry, not trying to sound stupid, but I'm just not sure what kind of equipment I need for my studio)

members online