Melodies On The Mpc

T

The Bastard

YO WHEN I TRIGGER SAMPLES IN FL STUDIO 4 THE SAMPLES ONLY SOUND RIGHT FOR ONE OCTAVE ANY OCTAVES HIGHER OR LOWER AND THE SAMPLE SOUNDS REALLY HIGH PITCHED OR LOW PITCHED ,DOES THE SAME THING HAPPEN WHEN YOU TRIGGER SAMPLES FROM A MIDI BOARD IN THE MPC

mArkoFdAbEaTz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
yes. you can also put a sample 16 levels so there would be different pitches/octaves of it on the pads or spread the samples through all the 64 pads but i would only use this on hits not a loop.

mArkoFdAbEaTz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i have the 2000xl and it has a button right by the volume that says 16 levels, you press, that the screen comes up and you pick wether you want velocity or note change and tap the pad you want to use, press do it and its done. im not sure about the pitch distoration question but try it and see.

T

The Bastard

is there a way that u can make it so the pitch doesnt get fucked after one octave on the keyboard?

E

Equality 7-2521

you will always get the undersired "too high" "too low" problem when slowing down and speeding up samples by alot.

the way around it is to "multisample"

that means taking a sample from each octave or so and pitching u and down to fill in the missing notes. as opppased to pitching up and down to get ALL the notes.

usually a + - of 50 is alright but when you go more extreme than that you may encounter undesired effects.

and yes youll get the same problem with the mpc

Tha1AndOnlyDJT

DJ Will Kill
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 36
i have that bangin beats cd, with there whole collection on it, and im still using my proteus 2000 for most of my drum sounds. I like the bangin beats cd but it just alot of kicks and snares. not alot of diff sounds to play with. the best thing to do is grab a 1200 and get some vinyl.

T

The Bastard

what if my midi controller has an octave up and down ,will if fix that prblem

mArkoFdAbEaTz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
no.

maddogg

A hater since the womb!
ill o.g.
Originally posted by inspectah wu
what if my midi controller has an octave up and down ,will if fix that prblem

all that does is let you play octaves that your controller didnt have enough keys for.
Peace

T

The Bastard

its pretty phat im catchin on to it pretty quick im suprised that i did to cuz it looks complicated but its mad user friendly, ive made a few phat drum loops with sum stabs and samples only thing im missin is the keys :( i dont know why when when ever i try to read and understand manuals and people that tell me how to add keys to the mpc i have no clue, i read the section in the manual manual about it and i tried the things u guys said on here and i still cant get it,i pretty much gutta hear and see shit bein done to learn it i guess,i

mArkoFdAbEaTz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
10 but if you just sample one note and do this it will work for some and not the others. try sampling a couple of notes and do it (multisampling)

SyN

SUICYCO MANIA
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
in order to get samples to sound correct when you are trying to play back notation with them they have to be multisampled and layed out across a Keymap... samples should be done with having a seperate sample at least for each octave and layed out in the sampler as so... the more samples that you can manage to take the better outcome you will have... if you only have one sample to work with originally, bring it into some sort of audio editing software and work with the pitch shifts in there and save the file at different sampling notes... doing like 3 samples across an octave would be the best way to fly... or sampling every note of the arpegio of the scale... the 1st 3rd and 5th note of the scale itself... hope this helps you out... then the keymapping of the notes/samples in the sampler will then make it go to the nearest sample for the note you are trying to play... the way you speak of it working now it is playing one note for all the keys on the keyboard... thats a pretty far reach when the sample is a C4 and you are trying to play it as a C2

members online