Mayweather/Hatton....

eXampuL_oNe

LOW-PRO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Who's watchin???

I think this makes for a hell of a fight. Hatton has never seen this speed. But, Floyd (IMO) could be in trouble here. The reason I say that is, Hatton is a big puncher, but a very good body puncher. And, If you've been watching 24/7 on HBO.

You've seen how much he was talking about his body shutting down in episode 2 (I believe) along with having extensive hand problems and probelms recently with his elbow. I don't know, Im not a good fight predictor here but. I think Hatton is going to bang up Floyds body and arms and the possibility of Floyd giving way is defintly there.

On the other hand, I hate to count Floyd out. He's one of my favorite fighters. But his last couple of fights (Baldomir,De La Hoya) havent showed to much of what he used to be. He's fought smart but he hasnt lived up to his hype. I give him his credit but lately, his mouth has been too much for me.

We'll see, I'll most likely be wrong but I think it's going to be a hell of a fight. Im ordering it!

what about you?

NobleWordz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
The two different style makes it hard to predict a winner, and it will make it hard for both fighters. Hatton is a toe to toe kinda boxer he can go blow for blow where as Mayweather will dance around and grind you down. I think if Mayweather slips Hatton will shut him down. From what I have seen on TV Mayweather has been bumpin the gums a lot, thats not going to psyke out Hatton. He will just save it for the ring.

I'll be putting a few quid on Hatton.

NW

Benny BuKu

BAD NEWS
ill o.g.
Mayweather is going to win a long and boring fight. He's too smart and fast to mix it up w/ Hatton. He'll run like he did against De La Hoya and win an easy decision....and the crowd will boo.

Then hopefully he'll step up and fight Cotto....the only fighter with a real chance at beatin Mayweather.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Another Tyson vs. Holyfeild scenario...However, Mayweather is gonna have to take some punches from Hatton. I'm sure that both camps realizes this and will try to compensate. I think it's gonna be a good fight that Mayweather is gonna have to box and Hatton will have to rely on his power.

This one is gonna go to the one who brings their A-game. I say Mayweather will win but if Hatton hurts Mayweather, it's a done deal.

MOF

eXampuL_oNe

LOW-PRO
ill o.g.
Mayweather is going to win a long and boring fight. He's too smart and fast to mix it up w/ Hatton. He'll run like he did against De La Hoya and win an easy decision....and the crowd will boo.

Then hopefully he'll step up and fight Cotto....the only fighter with a real chance at beatin Mayweather.

I can see that happening. Mayweather is more of a point fighter (lately atleast). He trains to be a point fighter (probably due to his speed,witts and injuries. He take's what he need's and get's out). Look at how many pucnh's he works on throwing in training. None of them are big power punch's. Which is smart, but, cmon! Lay it on the damn line!

I'd love to see him fight Cotto! Cotto's an interesting fighter to watch, all the time! Always coming forward, Strong stance, he can box AND brawl. I love it!

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.

him and cotto wud be seriousssss

eXampuL_oNe

LOW-PRO
ill o.g.
DAAAAAAAAAMN! I didnt expect to see him KO hatton! Good Fight.. And I was wrong (HMPH!), as always.. lol...

I have to see the fight again. I was pretty drunk by the time the main event rolled around..

Benny BuKu

BAD NEWS
ill o.g.
Honestly, I knew Hatton was one dimensional...but he's worse than I thought. He's definitely a tough guy but he didn't do shit but force Mayweather to knock him out. He came in wrecklessly time and time again. Then finally Mayweather cracked him...lmao at the way he fell too. Mayweather talkin bout he don't wanna fight no more either...even when Larry Merchant mentioned Cotto being the next big thing. Mayweather said he wants to start promoting. He started planting those seeds on that 24/7 show when he showed everybody how beat up his body is. I don't blame him though. There's always gonna be that next REAL challenger. Shit we all thought Hatton was that guy. But Mayweather showed that he's in a completely different class than Hatton. It's just a shame that we won't get to see Cotto get his shot cause I think he's way better than Hatton.

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Mayweather earned my respect.

I didn't think he was as good as he said he was but last night I think he definitely proved he is the best pound for pound fighter ever. I hated his guts until last night's match. When you think about all of the people he has faught, he hasn't been fighting suckers. Especially with Hatton. Hatton was a warrior and Mayweather didn't just beat him, he knocked him out.

I pretty much feel like Benny called it about the running around and winning on points and so that is what I was expecting. I thought it was going to be like the De La Hoya match and everone was going to boo him for winning on point but I was stunned to see him get a knock out. I mean, Hatton's team threw in the towel. That's how bad he was getting it.

I ended up having to go to a sports bar to watch it and I am in Nashviile right now and it is a little more racist that one would think it is and I didn't realize that until the first round started. When Hatton got dropped all the white people reacted like their grandma died. I mean, I was purely going for USA cuz Britain turned it into a country vs country situation.

When the intervued Hatton, I clapped for him because I respected his fight and character and this white guy looked at me like I was an idiot or something. I know we don't discuss race issue in these forums so I will get off that and back on to subject.

In Hatton's defense, Mayweather was using some tricks I find to be a little dirty. Like ducking too low. There is a rule that if you put your head lower than your opponents waist line you can be docked points. Mayweather was doing a lot of that. And he was showing his back a lot which Hatton made fun of halfway in the fight. But honestly, Hatton was doing just as much dirty sh*t himself. Hatton did more wrestling than boxing.

What as most impressive was how humble Mayweather was. He didn't have a ridiculous intro and he was nothing but respectful when he one. Gave Hatton props and the UK fans props.

wizard

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 141
it was a good fight but what do u expect when a brawler meets a boxer!!
may out boxed haton
but haton came to brawl
it was just a matter of time the boxer was going to out do the brawler!!!
may faught a samrt fight wit the aid of that f**king ref!!
may was throwing mad elbows and should of been taken a point away!!!
but hey u got to love it when haton told may to kiss his a*ss hahahlmao!

Benny BuKu

BAD NEWS
ill o.g.
yeah Ominous.....don't bring up the race thing....cause soon a couple of cats will start crying and then we'll be on punishment. God..always tryin to bring up irrelevant issues like race......GODDDDDDD!

but back to the matter at hand, Hatton got his ass whooped. End of story.

Big Tone

You done fucked up
ill o.g.
those british fans was off the hook. they was singing as the ref was stopping the fight and shit. they cam to the us and was booing the national anthem lol. i cant imagine what its like at a soccer (futbol) game

members online