Mastering

ill o.g.
only found this forum a short while ago and i got to say that i been loving reading all the posts on here. i've been djing for many years but only rescenlty started making beats and have found this place an invaluable resource - reading all the posts on here has really stepped up my progress. so massive props to all that post on here.
i also have a question:
there's a lot of members on this forum who have posted info on compression and other mastering techniques and i was wondering whether these guys do all they're mastering themselves or do they still have the need to use professionals, and why?
enlighten me pls.

Greg Savage

Ehh Fuck you
ill o.g.
I use a Professional why? because they have been doing it for 20 years or More.. Most people can't master they claim they can but they Can't get a Professional Glass Master its a long process from Pro Mixing to Mastering and i just dont have what it takes to Do either.. i can get a Good Mix to bang in the club but thats about it... So thats why i use pro because when i submit my music it needs to be Top notch

E

Equality 7-2521

well, im studying audio engineering full time atm. i cannot pull mixes as dope as an experianced audio engineer but i am improving and gaining knowledge on the daily. eventually i will do all my own shit and other peoples.

ill o.g.
intresting......was trying to gauge how difficult this area is to lock down thru responses from
you more experienced guys. conclusion - more difficult than i imagined and will only come
after lots of experience. will most definatley need to factor mastering pro into the equation.

grateful for the info people - cheers.

members online