Did anyone notice this?? WHAT?

oh and here is more info

http://www.native-instruments.com/#/en/products/producer/maschine-mikro/

VbgcQ.png

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201
Just my opinion I think making a scaled down controller is a waste like the mpc500. Stop spending time on ipad apps, and concentrate on expanding the full version of Maschine.

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
#1 I am sure it is a different team making the ipad app (so the Maschine team is not wasting time)

#2 I will buy the ipad app on day one

#3 a less expensive Maschine will only grow there market share. You can't compare this to the MPC500 as both versions of Maschine use the same software.

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
#1 I am sure it is a different team making the ipad app (so the Maschine team is not wasting time)

#2 I will buy the ipad app on day one

#3 a less expensive Maschine will only grow there market share. You can't compare this to the MPC500 as both versions of Maschine use the same software.

Im not comparing maschie to the 500 functionality wise. I was comparing the fact that the 500 and mikro controller is pointless. It all depends what your view point is. Im the type of person if the mikro is $400 I might as well wait a little longer save up $200 more and get the regular maschine controller. To me the pricing ist that much of a diff to choose the mikro over the regular version.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
I also agree...

The 1.7 update has komplete integration.... which I don't think is a big deal.

I think there are some improvements that are needed with Maschine......but they are looking to expand to another market in terms of price....but I'm like Oz...I'd spend the extra $200 to get the full version of the controller.

2infamouz

Mad Beats, No Angry Vegetables
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 10
wish i got this instead lol..im mostly just using maschine as a midi controller. it made chopping samples up a lot easier tho, n gave me some inspiration back i guess

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
I dont know what NI could have done, I just think they could have came up with some better ideas. The app I can kinda see some use for, but still not sold on the mikro.

lion-ucs

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Not everyone needs ALL of what the full Maschine controller has. In fact the first comment on CDM is exactly that
i thought the full Maschine was a bit overkill for my needs.

Besides, why does it matter if you're not sold on it. Somebody will be sold on it and that means more Maschine users, meaning more money for NI and a higher demand for improvements on the software. So people get something that fits their needs in a smaller package, NI gets more money, and existing users gets more updates from a motivated NI, that sounds like everybody except NI's competition wins.

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
Im def copping this. As other maschine user im sure am aware, busting out your laptop and maschine controller on a plane isnt the most comfortable/easiest thing to do.

saintjoe

Audio Fanatic...
ill o.g.
Im def copping this. As other maschine user im sure am aware, busting out your laptop and maschine controller on a plane isnt the most comfortable/easiest thing to do.

this!

exactly my thoughts....

However, with the imaschine I'd most likely just pull out an iPad and export it to the real deal when I reach my destination.

But I've been through this exact thing, and having a smaller controller would make it a lot better for travel purposes.

Greg Savage

Ehh Fuck you
ill o.g.
Its so funny, you guys act like there is one guy working on Maschine or something. There is a team and they hire new people to for example develop the ipad app. It is not an either/or proposition.

Again no thinks there is 1 person working on maschine. I know its a team, they are not hiring a new team for each project. That's a waste of cash doing that

The same group that handled maschine is handling the mikro version.

Even if they were though the company as a whole should be focusing on the main tool and not wasting time on creating a mikro version of it. That's what people are getting at.

There are crucial updates that maschine needs. They want Mpc users to cross over they are not making a way for that to happen.

Check their forums its redic

Users are telling NI "this is what needs to be changed" Ni replies with ooo lets give you smaller controller version and by the way you use K8 with it now ... gee thanks

their market again is not targeted to plugin users
No one cares about using Komplete 8 with maschine as most Maschine users only purchased to

1. Replace the akai mpc
2. 1st drum maschine

members online