Maschine + Logic 3-Peat || Ambient Lo-Fi

BiggChev

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 10
Went for the hat trick this weekend!

Logic was used a bit more extensively for this one. Specifically, it was used for the FX automation and bus processing.

Again, most everything was written in Maschine Plus standalone mode. There are about 3 different FM8 patches on here. I know it's been out for a while, but it's new to me. Really loving the DX-7 style E-pianos and bells from there.

I originally recorded the guitars directly in Maschine, but I was quite happy with the tone I created. Decided to use Guitar Rig 6 in Logic Pro to track guitars as there's one particular preset I quite like.

This is the most music I've made in one weekend. Really loving the Maschine Plus.

Dusty B

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 37
Really nice and chill, def a contender to be submitted to one of the many lofi and chill beats playlists on Spotify. I listen to a lot of ambient type beats when working and reading and could def hear this on there. I'm sure it would sound great with a chill rapper too. Nice one man, your stuff is CLEAN my man. I like the guitar that comes in near the end, adds a nice atmospheric type vibe the way you mixed it. The sidechain-like effect on the main pad/synth melody was clutch too. Nice work!

BiggChev

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 10
Really nice and chill, def a contender to be submitted to one of the many lofi and chill beats playlists on Spotify. I listen to a lot of ambient type beats when working and reading and could def hear this on there. I'm sure it would sound great with a chill rapper too. Nice one man, your stuff is CLEAN my man. I like the guitar that comes in near the end, adds a nice atmospheric type vibe the way you mixed it. The sidechain-like effect on the main pad/synth melody was clutch too. Nice work!

Appreciate the positive feedback! Historically, my mixes were pretty terrible. Everything was too loud, no dynamic range, and overall very flat. Over the past few years I've given a lot of attention to gain staging and balance. Simple things like EQ and panning can go a very long way into cleaning up mixes and giving tracks space to breathe.

Additionally, I've been trying to carve out time on a daily basis for deliberate objective oriented guitar practice. Glad to hear it all paying off based on the feedback.