March 19-20, 2011 - Comments & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Damn.. 2nd place? UGH!! Congrats DP...I'm starting to believe that I'm always the bridesmaid and never the bride *pause*

DP..that beat was tough, sir...well deserved win.....

I think my next submission will be more non-southeren based...

There were some tough joints in the competition this month... I like how these comps are getting more entries and becoming more competitive......let's keep it up people...

WE NEED MORE VOTERS.....

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Oh yeah, btw.... Dac...you're not the only 3X Beat this winner...

Just saying... =)

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
The amount of heat this round was ridiculous! Everyone brought there A game, nice work!

I can't believe I finally got my "B"

And Relic still doesn't have one....

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Oh yeah, btw.... Dac...you're not the only 3X Beat this winner...

Just saying... =)

No, I'm not the only 3X Beat This Winner, but I AM the only 3X Beat This Winner that won 3X in a row (as in...the first 3 that I ever got in were ALL wins) hahaha!

BUT! To be honest with you, other than bragging rights, that doesn't even matter to me anymore. At one time, Beat This was more about Battle Beats. Sound Quality and Creativity meant a lot more to the judges than it does now. It was a lot more complex than just picking your favorite bubble gum hip hop beat. Times have changed so now I just have fun with it and do me. If I win, so be it, if I lose, then it's back to the drawing board.

Actually, I'm starting to like it better now because it's really pushing me to be a better producer overall. It's a lot harder to "predict" what the majority of voters will like "the best" these days. Nevertheless, all that said, you're gonna gradually see me pull back some from the contests. I'm happy with my accomplishments and now I'm in it more to support the contest. Believe me, I've got plenty of FIRE to keep everyone on their toes so you better keep ya game up...lol.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
And Relic still doesn't have one....

I know.. Im going to hang myself now.
I really am thinking its a conspiracy.

But good beats everybody and Chris that was the first one that felt hiphop to me so Im glad you won, and I hope this is encouragement to keep down that track.

Sucio fuck off... *runs away crying*

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Lol...Relic.

Dac...it's cool..... I like them because It forces me to make shit that you guys would like.... And also to open your ears to some different types of beats and not just boom-bap type joints...I think that's what LDB was doing before....I'm just continuing what he started......I could do boom bap beats all day...That's what I've done for a while.....time to be versatile...

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Well the versatility comes in with the "themes". So there's a time for "being versatile" and a time for straight up hip hop, which pretty much means boom bapp here. Lately they've all been OPEN, I think because that brings in more competition. Unfortunately, Dirty South style beats fall in the OPEN theme. I think that if it were a separate theme, you and Relic would have a great advantage over most of us. Hell I wouldn't even try it...lol, it's just not my thing. But something like a ROCK, FUNK or even a HOLIDAY theme can be hot during it's season. No complaints from me though.

JustRipe

Analog Architect
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 75
its been a while since i been on i been real busy with work and other things, havent really had time to make much music... i did make a little something the other day but showcase is close....

dam i gotta say everyone had mad good ish dropped in that contest, wish i couldve competed. congrats dp you dropped somethin real dope.. when is the next one guna be held i need in on this action

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Next month? Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online