Man I'm Tryna Do Some Remixes!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ill o.g.
I use Cool Edit Pro and FL as my production tools. I got hella accapellas on my cpu that are dying to have an Ace remix beat to them. Is thurr any really easy way to get the accapella and the snare count to fit perfect ?! I mean people tell me the way to start off a remix is to make sure the snare hits in the right place on the acc. Is this true? If not can someone give me steps to this shit. I'm really eager to do some remixes with accapellas. Thanx in advance.

DJFANTOM

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
use acid 4.0 it allowsu to alter the pitch in semitones similiar to how a dj does it with the pitch on turntables. its what i use.... yeah and make sure the accapeklla has the same patterns as the beat so the it flows over it nice... cause even if u get the pitches matched perfect if they both 2 different patterns its not gonna sound right...

Honesty

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
... try doing the hats first...that'll even out your beat. Then throw in snares, then fit the kicks around the snares...then take out the acapella and don't use it anymore...build your melody, put them back together (beat and acapella) to do your counter melodies and build ups

Producer X

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
What I do is find a part in the acapella that's on the down beat. Adjust that part to the down beat of a measure in the sequencer/software. Then just rock the metronome with the acapella. Adjust the tempo until the acappella locks. Make sure you listen to the whole thing and it locks all the way to the end. You can even throw in a snare for a better lock. If there is any singing in the acapella, find a melody that works with the key of the singing. To me there nothing worst than having singing on a remix that's not in key with the music. So the 2 main things you need to be concerned with are the BMP and pitch. Then build fromn there. And try not to crowd the acapella. The object is to make your remix hotter than the original. Make it seem like the artist recorded to your track.

X

D

da buwa

Remix

Hey yo man i use cool edit to do my remixes & i dnt use accapellas cos i dnt have em. Since u have accapelas can u tell me where to get dem or how to change a normal trak into an accapella.

Status
Not open for further replies.