Making your own logos...

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
I've had people tell me they were going to do a logo for me....yet none of them came through with it.....There are some awesome graphic designers out there...even here @ illmuzik...but my budget doesn't allow me to hire a graphic artist for some work....so I've decided to try it myself...

Now when doing a logo...do you just get some templates online or just make your own in Photoshop?

dirtEjerz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I've had people tell me they were going to do a logo for me....yet none of them came through with it.....There are some awesome graphic designers out there...even here @ illmuzik...but my budget doesn't allow me to hire a graphic artist for some work....so I've decided to try it myself...

Now when doing a logo...do you just get some templates online or just make your own in Photoshop?

depends what you want your logo to be. i personally havent created a lot of original logos, but being a designer in the music industry i have REcreated a lot of logos for reissues. if you want it to be a vector (a solid shape that you can make as big or little as you want without degrading the resolution) you can use adobe illustrator. if your going to be using images i suggest you use an image thats a minimum of 300 dpi ( print quality) and you can put that together in photoshop. You can use either of the programs to do any type of text design that you might have. as far as using a template i dont think youd need one. theres no set template for all logos cause every logo is unique really . if you need some inspiration as far as content check out this site. http://logofury.com/ if you need help putting something together because you dont have the programs or you have the programs and need some advice on how to do what you wanna do, holla at me

OnQ

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 186
I just got illustrator the other day and I started messing around and I came up with this new logo. It's really not that hard to come up with something as long as you have a general idea of what you're looking for. Illustrator is definitely easier to do a logo in, but it's very doable in photoshop as well.

I did the one thats currently my avatar in photoshop a while back. I've had no formal training in either program, just kinda felt my way through it. They're both pretty intuitive.

Attachments

• OnQ 4.jpg
    OnQ 4.jpg
    238.9 KB · Views: 154

members online