Making Drum Sounds

mc_reni

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Yo whats up fam I need some help, I got an assignment due for hand in on thrusday. Basicly I have to record at least 10 drum sound but not using drums. Does anyone have any idea for sounds I can record? So far I have made a kick drum but hitting an empty box with a plastic rod and then I recorded a plasic bag being crunched. I layed the two sounds and then EQ'd it. I still got 9 more to go.

themucka

"The man behind the Hits"
ill o.g.
take a broom and rap a towel around it.. get your seat and hit the cusion where you sit on your ass that a nice blend for a kick.

cup of penies nickels and quaters like a tamborine or a back up for a snare

trash can plastic one are good kicks... metal ones tops for crash..

jus watch that damn movie or show of those guys making beats with all the street shit on braodway.. stomp i think its called..

hoped i helped a lil

dj360_iNfInItE1

UNDeRGROUND STaTE of MiND
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 16
Use the smack sound from that video where the dude got scared and popped that guy right in the face. That would make a nice snare if you EQ'd it right. LMAO!

RigorMortis

Army Of Darkness
ill o.g.
you never listened to the prodigy fat of the land? smack your bitch up son!

Vince

2Cool2BeAHebrew
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
beat your head with your fist. datz how i get my phat drumz.

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
Break a crunchy vegetable (carrot, celery... ) snare
Clap you hands (clap)
Hit on the wall with your fist (nice layer for a kick)
Tear paper, change the pitch, EQ... (a lot of sounds)

FSC

Royal Souf Productions
ill o.g.
Beat on the desk or a table top.. That was my first instrument.. lol.. And i still do it from time to time

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
if you got turntables and a mixer

just bang on or tap whatever desk the mixer and turntable are sitting on and record that

both turntable and mixer must be turned on, with needle on a record

it gives you a pretty deep bass kick

Steel Side

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Tapping on a glass bottle with a pencil and EQin works too. smackin meat with a tenderizer. Also hittin ya shorty from the back would give you a nice snare sound...lol

But for real. I know ya'll remember that disney joint back in the day, where they showed you how they got all them crazy sounds into the cartoon. Amazing