Making beats in different time signatures !

I

icelizarrd

sYgMa said:
Yes it is, if you listen to the beat, you'll see that, when the hihat hits three times, you'll hear a kick or a snare... that is normally a dead give away.

when you can chop the beat with the hihat with each 3 hits of the hihat...

That actually makes it 6/8 or 12/8, not 3/4. If it was 3/4, there'd be three main beats -- like, say, Kick-Snare-Kick or Kick-Snare-Snare in each measure, and there'd still be only 2 or 4 hihats between each one.

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
icelizarrd said:
That actually makes it 6/8 or 12/8, not 3/4. If it was 3/4, there'd be three main beats -- like, say, Kick-Snare-Kick or Kick-Snare-Snare in each measure, and there'd still be only 2 or 4 hihats between each one.

oops... true that. I listen to it yesterday... it's 12/8, not 3/4, but it's still an odd time signature..

Producer X

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I'm actaully working on putting togetther a joint in 5/4. The timing is really tricky. I dare anybody to fukk with that!!! LOLOLOLOL

2_nice

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
3/4 is really easy. have fun with with 5/4 man i find it pretty difficult with hip hop i play drums (still learning but i'm not too bad) and the only way i can make it feel good is to count 1 2 3 1 2, 1 2 3 1 2, etc.

members online