Making a good RAP lyrics?

JaxxForever

ILLIEN
My rap lyrics contains anything. I base it with my personal stories and experiences so people can relate to it. Depending on the mood, sometimes I make meaningful lyrics, and sometimes its pure nonesense.
My tips is
Do not Promote violence in your rap. I heard a bunch of rap songs trying to assassinate ones character. It doesn't sound good.

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
So guys, how do you make a good rap lyrics?
What does your rap contain? Do you try to impart some message in your rap?

Good raps make use of metaphors, similes, analogies. Look up alitterations and use them in multiple syllables. Look up different rhyme patterns and make use of all of them. Familiarize yourself with different rhythms (like Drum rudiments) to diversify your flow and rhyme schemes.

Your raps should contain your life story or those very close to you, its your job to make the emotion (Pain or Joy) sound natural and honest. Tell a great story and make sure there is a point to it (or atleast sound like there is a point). Be passionate, sound like its happening right now and all of planet earth needs to stop in in its tracks and listen to every word you have to say. Your messege should be the lessons and messeges your life has given you. Study the greats (Especially the ones of the 90's and figure out what about their delivery made them so great)

My rap lyrics contains anything. I base it with my personal stories and experiences so people can relate to it. Depending on the mood, sometimes I make meaningful lyrics, and sometimes its pure nonesense.
My tips is
Do not Promote violence in your rap. I heard a bunch of rap songs trying to assassinate ones character. It doesn't sound good.

Agreed

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
....now if you're trying to be a really successful rapper, disregard everything that was mentioned before me... Lol.

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 170
It differs for each person, and even within each person it may differ from life stage to life stage. Right now, I'm married, and have a young daughter. At this stage, having my thoughts, words and actions line up is very important.

I'm a true MC at heart, but I think it's best for me to make the best song possible. If that calls for me to destroy other mcs, that's what it is. Mostly now though, i try to impart some knowledge. I used to be the battle rapper that couldn't make a decent song.

When I need a little motivation, i spend a little time with these cats:

Jig- Most conversational and best all around song writer imo. The complete rapper.

Eminem- The foremost wordsmith of my times. Eminem literally can drop a different style.....STYLE, on every song.

Nas- When focused, this dude is magical.

Biggie- The slickest ever, with Jada in 2nd place

Scarface- It's like he's preaching

Canibus from 1995 to 2002- Scary good

Ice Cube from 89-93-- The definition of raw and uncut

and many more

I have an EP coming out soon that has 6 songs, and every song except 1 is named after a book, or a concept in a book. I stay away from profanity and "nigga" in my rhymes, because i think i have used them as a crutch in my rhymes far too often. I want to grow as an artist. That's where I'm at with mines.