Makin Snares Crisp

D

Droopz

what up yall i forgot somewhere i read this on some forumn, im not shure if it was on this site or some other site but when u wanna make ur snares more crisp u record ur self snappin a piece of celery in the mic and place it over the og snare. Anyone eva try this, and does it actually work...????

stabster

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Hehe, I laughed so hard when I read that article.. But offcourse it might work, I dont have celery in my fridge so i cant try it out

Some Guy

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 100
That celery thing is actually pretty good advice. I tried it and came out with some nice snares. You have to make sure the celery is fresh and crisp lol. Also you might have to gate the recording and tweak it in cool edit or whatever you use. But yeah it does work, atleast for me it did.

D

Droopz

yaah man crack that celery and u got the illest snares....hahaha

vitaminman

IllMuzik Staff
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Hey,

I read somewhere that a marketing company used a wave editor like Cool Edit or Sound Forge to test the 'crispness' of vegetables..what they did was break fresh vegetables, record the sounds they made, then looked at the sounds in the spectral view of the editors.

The vegetables that had higher frequencies when broken were considered 'fresher'.

Using the celery/carrot trick, you will get even crispier snare sounds by freezing the vegetables first before breaking them.

I wonder what it would sound like to record someone breaking a banana!

Nick

B

Briellz

Layer your snare with Claps, Other snares...or just anyting that has that nice snap sound to it.

F

Frankie Frank

You can layer a snare on an other by changin the pitch of each snare and then layer them.. use compression... reel to reel tape can help to give a warmer sound,... try to mess wit eq like cut the mid anb the high stuff like dat..

I

Ieetplayer

If u can read wavelengths and use .wav editors, you can make your snare swim if u want it to.