Make a Profesinal Voice from a voice

S

SHakur

Whatsup everybody,

I started a few weeks ago making my first mixtape ever. So far I made all the dope beats Im going to use, and some choruses, I just have to record, I think I'll be able to do good as a musician, just one shit problem;

My voice is fucked! I'm 15 past puberty haha but my voice sounds like shit I have a really unique voice that's neds to be deeper and sound like a 'famous hip hop' voice.

Anybody know how I can edit my voice to make it to any voice that sounds ick? I don't care if it sounds fake, I like that stuff, and I'm just playing to make sick music not be a singer.

So anybody who dosen't want to read all that, how can I edit my voice to sound like a sweet voice to make music. I dont care if it sounds fake as long as it sounds good. Any voice I'll try to work with!

Thanks lot, ill let you all know when I'm famous froom your help ;)
btw I use FL STudio 10 but I will try other programs if you aren't familiar! I've messed with pitch but I want a niceeee sounding voice that is proffesinal.

rebel

Dude i know what you mean. I feel like i got ill lyrics but i hate my voice. Other people say my voice sounds deep and cool, but it just sounds awkward to me. Theres no effects you can throw on a track that'll make your voice "better". The only other options are to speed up(Quasimoto) or slow down(Captain Murphy) your voice until its unrecognizable.

Frankie Perez

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 3
there is something i found to be very interesting with virtual dj if you was to rap really fast and slow it down then use key and pitch effects for example you was rapping really fast and your key was in b put it in C or fool aound with notes until you like what you hear, after you slowed the tempo a lil bit just to align it with the beat then use the pitch effects to make the voice sound better it works! mainly its about 3 things the type of attitude you put towards the vocal, the tempo and trying not to let the breathing out in between punchlines depending how you handle the microphone.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
^^ right ! Lol

Anyway , there is nothing you can do except wait until puberty passes and hopefully you will come out will come out the other side sounding better.
If you are looking for voice over work get at me I host the Carolina Cuts show under the radio tab up at the top of the page there ^

Step Soprano

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
If it makes you feel better, if your 15, you are not past puberty. Your voice will change. See Lil Wayne or BG early recordings vs now for good examples.

God

Creator of the Universe
ill o.g.
Dude, don't worry about your voice. Like Step Soprano said, Lil' Wayne sounds like a hipper version of Steve Urkel with his fake rapping voice. I would mess with processing and compression, especially some of the solutions in the Waves Diamond Bundle for instance.

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
yea just focus on getting a clean recording.. youre voice will develop as you use it, and as you gain confidence. you probably sound like a 15 year old =p

pancakebunnny

needs more fartnoise
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
  1. Record your voice.
  2. Listen to your voice.
  3. Analyze what you heard.
  4. Repeat

You don't hear your own voice right anyway, something about the acoustic reverberation of the cranial flux capacitor or something. So you just need to grow out of the insecurity of thinking it sounds wrong.

Easier said than done, but think about it like talking to chicks on the phone or riding a bike or whatever... it took a few times for you to get the swing of it, i'm sure.

tl;dr practice

10000-hours.jpg

This coming from a guy that has never stepped to a mic...

Whats a ...
P
profesinal?????
I think that's the people that work at Orisinal

Last edited by a moderator:
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 152
i don't agree with growing out of the insecurity of it sounding wrong. maybe it does sound wrong. if you're new it probably does. if a guitar sounds wrong, you're playing it wrong so it's the same with your voice. practice til u get good at it. if it sounds crap, delete it and do something better next time

members online