Main Stream Production W/Reason 3.0

Kontents

I like Gearslutz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Hey Everyone,

I was curious if anyone knows of any main stream producers who make their beats with reason 3.0, i recall reading somthing about TI and "what you know about that" being made with it but it was just a remake, does anyone know of any main stream tracks that are out that were made with reason 3.0?

Kontents

O

open mind

i read somewhere that timbaland uses it but i dont believe that. he fucks with the korg and i saw that with my own eyes.

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201
Honestly I dont know many mainstream producers besides 9th wonder where software is their primary production tool. Most of the big name producers been in the game long before quality producing software was out so most still use hardware. Im sure someone will break thru with reason sooner or later, its too good of a tool.

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
kontents said:
Hey Everyone,

I was curious if anyone knows of any main stream producers who make their beats with reason 3.0, i recall reading somthing about TI and "what you know about that" being made with it but it was just a remake, does anyone know of any main stream tracks that are out that were made with reason 3.0?

Kontents

LOL, That was me who remade that track in reason . . . wow, i'm famous.

Anyway the dude who actually produced that track, Wonder, used/uses Reason 3.0 (Toomp just did the drums on that track) peep the beatmakin videos section and find out for ur self.

And i also hear that timbaland fucks wit reason, but that was assumed cuz he used a loop that comes wit the propellerheads strings refill... so iono.

OF course 9th wonder = fruity loops.

There's quite a few Mainstream cats taht fuck wit software, but you wouldnt know them if i named them.

Hi-Lo

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
there is a ton of stuff being done w/ reason right now. Timbo most definitely uses it because one of his tracks is from a refill i used to have, Cool & Dre use it (heard them say that in an interview), Wonder, Ryan Leslie sounds like he uses it (dude who produced the new cassie single), so on. I wouldn't be surprised if Storch used it, because from what I've heard of how he composes his beats it would make sense...

if you are professionally trained on that level and have great refills or know how to tweak well enough, reason is as good as a room full of modules.

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
^word. i know niggas makin heat with Audition... thats not even a midi sequencer... it just has the feature

B

blingdawg

a lot of people use reason it will be industry standard pretty soon. reason is so sought after that companies cater to it. Rewire for example was created for reason. so every major DAW and sequencer included Rewire because reason is just that ill. Put it like this its probably not a producers first choice always, but Reason comes into the mix creatively at some point.

O

open mind

i support any kind of ***** that helps gettin the sound u looking for as a producer but anyway just read my signature.

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
^ No.... A Subscription to Scratch costs MONEY playa.... Cant make that commitment..

Also, I dont really care what people in the "industry" use, but if i REALLY needed to read a scratch magazine, for various reasons, i'll just go down to the record shop, chill, read it there, and leave without buying it

Holly Scott

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
kontents said:
Hey Everyone,

Kontents

luke vibert. its all he uses. check out the interview @ propellerhead

Big Tone

You done fucked up
ill o.g.
Sanova said:
^ No.... A Subscription to Scratch costs MONEY playa.... Cant make that commitment..

Also, I dont really care what people in the "industry" use, but if i REALLY needed to read a scratch magazine, for various reasons, i'll just go down to the record shop, chill, read it there, and leave without buying it

too bad you cant do****ad that shit huh. or maybe....