Made a new one yesterday..

Yes man, nice job! Was it the key change needed? I can hear you toned the bass distortion right down, clearer mix now and compliments the other instruments.
The other instruments may need a small volume drop now for a banging mix due to the bass out the way haha but nice quick fix man!
Dope!

Battle Points: 25
Thanks! Your feedback was key. But all I did was remove the bass I was using and add another one.. Definitely a much quicker find than I thought it would be

I'll go back later and lower some of the other instruments too.

- I appreciate u listening bro

Last edited:
Did some work on this today - I kept hearing some harshness from the drums and also thought the beat had a little too much going on. So, I took an instrument out & messed with the drums a little. Does it sound better? & Is it a lot more leveled out or does the volume still need to be adjusted? Feedback is appreciated

Last edited:
I liked the original but agree that there were sounds overwhelming me in there. The bass switch and other adjustments have made a huge difference. Very nice beat.
Thanks, I appreciate the feedback and taking the time to listen

I'll be reposting this with the original drums and left out the instrument I took out..

Last edited:

Kane the MOD

Grey haired Boom Bap Rap Dad
Battle Points: 5
Did some work on this today - I kept hearing some harshness from the drums and also thought the beat had a little too much going on. So, I took an instrument out & messed with the drums a little. Does it sound better? & Is it a lot more leveled out or does the volume still need to be adjusted? Feedback is appreciated

The melody and instrumentation are amazing. I agree that the drums sound a bit harsh. Not sure how to fix that though.

The melody and instrumentation are amazing. I agree that the drums sound a bit harsh. Not sure how to fix that though.
Thanks! I appreciate u listening bro

But maybe by putting effects on the drums, it would smoothen it out some, just dont know which 1 would do that... So I'll have to mess with it, to try & fix it

Last edited:

Kane the MOD

Grey haired Boom Bap Rap Dad
Battle Points: 5
Thanks! I appreciate u listening bro

But maybe by putting effects on the drums, it would smoothen it out some, just dont know which 1 would do that... So I'll have to mess with it, to try & fix it
I would first check the unprocessed drum sounds to verify if the harshness is coming from there.