Mac Daddy

BAUSMAN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I just got a Mac and i need a program that is good for sampling old soul records and chopping them up. I am used to using Acid for this on my PC and i cant figure out how to chop a section of a song and make it loop properly in Garage Band. Any one have any ideas.

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
I dont really care for Garage Band cuz its so limited and kind of a beginner prgm but Im pretty dam sure u can do that in GB.....

If your a mac user now I would highly recommend LogicPro8 tho. Abelton Live is good too.

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
I just did a test to confirm it works in GB tho and it does...
You gotta click the little scissors button at the bottom and it lets u edit the sample, but what u can do in GB is very limited in comparison to LP8.
That should help u out tho man.

Tr3ydeeze

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I just got a Mac and i need a program that is good for sampling old soul records and chopping them up. I am used to using Acid for this on my PC and i cant figure out how to chop a section of a song and make it loop properly in Garage Band. Any one have any ideas.

I recommend that you use Audacity. Audacity is free and can be used manipulate and chop your samples all kinds of ways. Another option will be programs like Recycle 2.0, Peak Pro, or Daw like Logic Express, Reason 4, or Ableton Live. Check them out you might like what you find. Peace.

BAUSMAN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Thx everybody... ima try it out when in garage band when i get a chance. Im not a big fan of GB but its free and im a big fan of free shit.

I heard alot of good things about logic but im not trying to buy that right now. If anyone wants to gie me the reg. code that would be sickk :)

Tr3ydeeze

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Yea Fam Steez is right. If all you are really trying to do is Chop and manipulate samples Logic Express 8 is Dope. And trust me I've tried every DAW out there PT to Ableton to reason. If you cant find it the shady way its only 199.00 and If you like it you can upgrade to Logic Studio.

Steez- I got some Logic Question for you cuz I need some help lol. Imma hit u up a lil later tho.

Peace

BAUSMAN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
So i got Ableton Live 7 but im having a hard time trying to do what i want to do.

When i used Acid I would take the song i wanted to sample and put in on the first track. Then I would click the wave form to 'select in chopper'. Then i would highlight the loop i wanted to sample and click 'chop to new track' and the that loop would be on track 2. So then I could take all the loops I took from the original song and build my beat with the original(full song) muted.

Could someone please tell me how i can do that with ableton live 7?

BAUSMAN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Thanks but I have watched a video a few times and its not what i am looking to do.
I need to be able to chop to different tracks and see the wave form... in arrangement view...is that possible?
Oh, and i want to be able to save all the loops i chop to a file.

BAUSMAN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Cool thanks man. Do you another video where they chop it from a full song? That piano loop was already chopped and synched. I have watched alot of videos and havnt been able to find any useful ones.