M-Audio Audiophile 192

nebulous

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
I exchanged my broken EMU 0404 today at guitar center for an M-Audio Audiophile 192. The sound now works on playback of mp3s and theres is input coming in when I record with cool edit. The problem I'm having is that I cant actually hear the audio from the line in on the sound card from my turntable. When i press record in cool edit it's showing that there is sound being recorded but I cant hear it in my speakers. I have the turntable going in to the two inputs on the soundcard and I have the main outs from the soundcard going to my mixer. Anyone know what I need to change so I can hear the sound input through the soundcard? Thanks

misscc803

Miss C.C.
ill o.g.
Your turntable needs a preamp if im correct. Try connecting it to the mixer then takin the mixer out to the line in on your sound card. Then take your speakers and connect them to the outs on your sound card.

nebulous

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Its already goin through my dj mixer to the soundcard. My bad, I shoulda been more specific with my setup. Heres the whole description. Turntable goin into the Ecler. Output one from the mixer goin to the two analog inputs on the soundcard. Then the two outputs from the soundcard go to my yamaha mixer. Which is what my speakers are plugged into. I can record fine using cool edit when sampling from the turntables. And I can play the audio back after its recorded. The only thing I cant do is monitor the sound when I'm actually recording it. There is an input present but I can only heard the audio after its recorded and not while its in the actual proccess of recording. Thats why I was wondering it theres some setting I gotta fuck with in the little control panel for the audiophile.

pancakebunnny

needs more fartnoise
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
in the audio mixer settings, the RECORD volume for the line in is up (since it's recording) but the PLAYBACK volume is probably all the way down. Check that. It needs to be up.

members online