Low-End

L. Soul

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Ok, I know you can do this technique on samples to give it a fuller sound. However can you do it on composed pieces as well? Like can you put that whole piece together. export it or whatever- use Low-End theory...and then layer it back on?

C

Carpe Diem

hmmm.... i unno, dont know the theory behind it, but what i do is export the sample once ive flipped it, boost up the bass, turn down the highs and layer it under the main loop....

mercurywaters

hip hop in the flesh
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 32
Carpe Diem said:
hmmm.... i unno, dont know the theory behind it, but what i do is export the sample once ive flipped it, boost up the bass, turn down the highs and layer it under the main loop....

thats the low-end theory my friend. as far as for composed beats, you could just layer the bass elements rather than the entire beat. i don't think to layer the whole beat will get the effect you want.

5th Sequence

Hip Hop Head, Certified
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 198
Something similar to the low end theory is a do it yourself version. If your cutting up the samples and what not, get your filtered version of the sample and do your low end theory but create actually play out the bass notes. This is much much cleaner in my opinion. Sounds much better too because you can make it go with the sample or you can have it do its own thing to compliment the sample but you can also add change ups however you see fit.

L. Soul

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
5th Sequence said:
Something similar to the low end theory is a do it yourself version. If your cutting up the samples and what not, get your filtered version of the sample and do your low end theory but create actually play out the bass notes. This is much much cleaner in my opinion. Sounds much better too because you can make it go with the sample or you can have it do its own thing to compliment the sample but you can also add change ups however you see fit.

I'm not sure I completely understand what you said but I think I basically get it so I might have to try that

5th Sequence

Hip Hop Head, Certified
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 198
lol my bad.

Take the sample with the bassline and filter it so you have just the bass right? Then play the bass out. Instead of letting the filtered sample of just bass play exactly with the original samples bassline, make up your own bassline with using just the filtered bass. Like, everyspot there is a bassline in the original sample doesnt mean you have to add bass there. You can make ur own melody as you see fit with ur bass sample. I dunno if that helped lol, ah well.